GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas, obviously last year we had the SCD runway event which was a right hoot despite the weather. Is there going to be anything g similar this year?

Wish I could take part in the sprint event but I'm away.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Aching to repeat the runway day! Was indeed a blast!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Bruntingthorpe private hire is £12k inclusive of VAT which is not bad... 60 cars = £200 each ... I reckon we could get close to that number from the forum alone....?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Bruntingthorpe private hire is £12k inclusive of VAT which is not bad... 60 cars = £200 each ... I reckon we could get close to that number from the forum alone....?
Definitely.
Am sure a couple of traders would send a few cars each as well to have a blast and take up probably 10 spaces straight away.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
In my experience lots of people say yes.
How many actually turn up and pay is usually far less.
There is a core group of forum members that will follow through and attend events.

I like the idea though, would be a good day.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Last time I spoke to Adam from SCD about this he wasn't sure about running another, something to do with liability if any of us crash. I'll mention this thread to him though, just in case he is considering another

·
Registered
65 Posts
Last time I spoke to Adam from SCD about this he wasn't sure about running another, something to do with liability if any of us crash. I'll mention this thread to him though, just in case he is considering another
Thanks for the heads up about this Webber. Started a thread here.

Wasn't planning at running the event at Llanbedr again as just too far away logistically and they just have no facilities, we had to take everything with us.
Instead we are working with Vmax200 to create a truly special event with all the trimmings, which will take place in June in the hope of a lovely summer's day!

Thanks
Adam

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
In my experience lots of people say yes.
How many actually turn up and pay is usually far less.
There is a core group of forum members that will follow through and attend events.

I like the idea though, would be a good day.
Yep, that's why I stopped arranging events after being caught out a couple of times costing aroung £3.5k !!! :chairshot

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yep, that was the total I paid out over a couple of years out of my own pocket after people "promised" to come and support events and then err couldn't make it !!

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
sounds like a sour apple..bahhhhhhhhhhh, BUT has anyone thought of, or is arranging a runway run for the R35 GTR? see what top end your car can do???????

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
i would be interested in the North West, thats why i bumped the post... if it can be organised ???? PM me..

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
maybe this need organisation by region, each regional organizer? come on team gtroc

1 - 20 of 37 Posts