GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
For any of the Scottish or North England guys there is a place in Johnstone called Preserve and Protect that can offer full under seal with a range of products including Dinitrol.

I have spoken to a few guys on car meets that have had there cars done and they do a good job.

It’s something I need to get round too doing, I only use my car in the summer but I noticed my rear subframes have surface rust and I had to replace under tray brackets as they were rusted through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would advise to remove any rust issues prior to coating with dinotrol.
Take pictures of the underneath once it’s tidy, then apply. That way if you come to sell, you have some small evidence it’s not a rot box hidden away under sealants

·
Registered
754 Posts
Lookers Nissan Newcastle weren't interested in mine, they claimed the doors had seen paint.
It was their GT-R approved body shop that had previously painted them.

OK hes never not got one through warranty for the corrosion issue under the mirror, its not rust BTW!, answer for any other area is any Nissan NHPC approved bodyshop, call your nearest Nissan NHPC and ask for the name of their approved bodyshop!

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Yes my previous car (09) had both the doors repainted by a Nissan approved body shop. Wing mirror corrosion came back 2 years later. At least my 16 plate is good so far for paintwork.
The undertray brackets are no better though.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Sly (Kaizer Motors) does the under tray brackets. Made from marine grade Stainless Steel (SS/316) the kit replaces all 5 brackets and comes with matching stainless fixings (introductory offer in Feb was £125 plus fitting).
Image may contain: 1 person
No photo description available.
No photo description available.

·
Vendor
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I’d get a dehumidifier in the garage and then set about putting something on to protect the metal from inside first, followed up with the outside.

Even when you buy new brackets they rust in no time.

·
Vendor
12,694 Posts
we are seeing more and more in our workshops now with floor corrosion and subframe deterioration. Encourage people who are keeping theirs to get the floors sealed with a polymer sealant, drys clear and semi permanent so doesnt end up looking like black syrup after a while.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
we are seeing more and more in our workshops now with floor corrosion and subframe deterioration. Encourage people who are keeping theirs to get the floors sealed with a polymer sealant, drys clear and semi permanent so doesnt end up looking like black syrup after a while.
How much would this sort of protection cost?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Would this equally apply to TE and Nismo models where the body has been produced separately by Nismo with their seam welds, etc? Ta.

·
Vendor
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I think you’ll still get the issues, you can only keep the car dry stored and with some form of protection sprayed on It.

I would’nt be sealing any used car without it being cleaned off prior to application.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts