GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for the R32 - just for my daily runner. Just wanted to ask what I should do to DIY treat a rust patch? I've got a tennisball sized rust bubble around the rear wiper so am gonna strip the wiper down and rub it right down - what's the best way to treat it to stop the spread/resurgence of rust?

Have heard people saying that they strip it back to the bare metal then 'treat' the rust, let it dry and then skim with filler, prime & paint. Any ideas what I should use to 'treat' the rust?? :confused:

·
Banned
146 Posts
Cant remember the name, but its like a gel thing you can get from most body work accessories shop. Let that totally eat into the metal. Once done use etch primer as it contains an acid that will eat into the metal and prevent rust from surfacing again.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant remember the name, but its like a gel thing you can get from most body work accessories shop. Let that totally eat into the metal. Once done use etch primer as it contains an acid that will eat into the metal and prevent rust from surfacing again.
Etch primer? What's that, and how's it different to normal primer?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Havin seen the "run around" i would say that the most permanent solution to your rust problem would be a gallon unleaded from asda, as its not worth spending on v power and a cheap box of matches.:chuckle: :flame:

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least I could put said gallon of unleaded into my fuel tank if I so chose to without it p1ssing out onto my shoes (someone has a rusted fuel filler neck) bwahahahaha :chuckle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts