GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
R33's - where are they most affected by rust? Anywhere I should be having a really close look?? Are they 'sealed at the factory or should extra measures be taken?

Questions, questions...! That's it, cheers. M

·
GTROC Member
267 Posts
Apparently, they're not treated at the factory.

I was advised to get the car undersealed, and also to get the inside of the panels treated with wax.

It's not that expensive (my local mechanic did it), but worth it for peace of mind.

This was for an R32, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for R33s.

Conrad.

·
Registered
905 Posts
All Japanese Cars are Waxed and Sealed but not to the Standard needed for the Salt and Crap the Councils in the UK Love to Throw on the Roads. Best bet is to treat the Underside, and behind the Plastic Under Guards with a good dousing of Waxoil Underseal.

Be aware that if a garage do this for you, Richard Bell Probably does it right though, you can usually tell by the price They generally dont put much on, so Its worth makong sure that they have completely sealed the car.

Check around the Fuel tank as there is lots of exposed metal here, and if you own a 32 Plaster the Rear archs and Under Sills with it. There are a lot of 32s in the UK with Bubbling rear arches as they seem to be very weak here.

Remeber that the quality of the underseal denotes the quality of which it repell water and salt.

Do it every year too!!

si:D

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
have uses a combination of waxoyl and old engine oil in the past - it tends not to 'cure' like some other the other body shutz type products - also better applied with the can/conatiner sitting in hot water for 20 minutes before applied.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts