GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Im arriving back to the UK next week and the first thing i want to do is under seal the car?

I have contacted a few places and some have warned me that under sealing only covers up the rust and does not treat it :runaway: I am therefore left confused.

So far i am looking to use the company "Rust busters", has anyone used them?

I would like the best for my skyline, Could anyone recommend me the best place to rust proof / under seal?

Thankyou

Az

Ps: There is little no no rust under the car however i have surface rust on the bonnet hinge era

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Would still be nice to know as a ref point for future underselling projects.
I'm in the process of stripping the underside of my 34 (well I've removed wheels do far) and would like to know what to use once I'm down to bare metal.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi guys,
I will definitely recommend dinitrol products done on my last 34 gtr as a fresh import and 6 years of ownership later and all looked as good as when it was first done, look on the dinitrol website at classic rustproofing kits.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I used Bilt Hamber uc on mine

Dries like a clear waxy coating and is self healing.

Used 8 cans underneath and 5 cans for the cavities , the test piece of 0.8mm bare mild steel in my garden is still rust free and bright so seems to work ok.

Not cheap but neither is welding lol.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Bob at Zealou5 is the man! He offered me a job there after he saw what I did to mine as he was impressed however I declined :D. Honestly Epoxy Mastic is the stuff to use, I went OTT and applied two coats of stone chips over the top which overkill but I'm very happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Bob at Zealou5 is the man! He offered me a job there after he saw what I did to mine as he was impressed however I declined :D. Honestly Epoxy Mastic is the stuff to use, I went OTT and applied two coats of stone chips over the top which overkill but I'm very happy with the outcome.
Have to say you did a amazing job with yours. Im just too lazy :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.