GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
just wondering are you able to mate rwd block to awd sump want to upgrade my gts4 r33 n/a as i have a rb25det rwd motor??????
any feedback would be great

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The blocks are the same so the sump will bolt straight on.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The RB25 and RB26 blocks have the same sump bolt patterns. You can bolt either sump (RWD-4WD) to either block. The 4WD sump needs a different crank girdle, there is a relief in the casting to accept the front drive shaft. You could mod a RWD girdle to suit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont mean to be a pain and this stuff has probly been answerd 100x before are there any threads or posts photos with comparisons of the blocks?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
only the awd rb25 block has the same sump bolt pattern as the rb26. the rwd rb25 is the same as the other rb rwd blocks
Correct :thumbsup:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
My RB25DET engine in my RWD GTSt fitted the GTR sump!!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Must have been a 4wd RB25det engine then??

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It's not that I don't believe you Rob, I find it hard to understand why nissan would use 2 different block patterns for such a small different when the actual cost different would be negligible.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
You'd think that but the 4wd blocks are totally different and they get a huge amount of extra machining.

Trust me, the 2wd blocks do not have the extra casted area along the sump rails or the mounting holes to mount a 4wd sump, hence the need for an adapter plate when wanting to run a 4wd sump on a 2wd block.

You can put a 2wd sump on a 4wd block though as they do drill and tap the 2wd pattern on the 4wd blocks.

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts