GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This may have been covered before and I thought I understood the workings of the 4WD system on a GT-R.

My question is if you are going round a corner in a GT-R and you are using more than 10 degrees lock on the steering if you floor it is the GT-R in RWD mode or will it still transfer tourque to the front wheels too? I thought I read somewhere that the GT-R is only in 4WD mode when driving hard in a fairly straight line to give the best possible traction i.e. less than 10 degrees lock to prevent understeer..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
if you are turning and you floor it, it's RWD only. Its why so many people crash the GTR, thinking it'll pick up the peices if the tail steps out

get a Skylabs TSC from R32combat, for 4wd cornering ability

mook

·
Registered
325 Posts
I believe that's right for the ATTESA-ETS, but may be different for ATTESA-ETS Pro, which was used on the R32 racing cars (and on some later V-Spec models)... I thought that was more optimised for circuit work - there was some reference to it in the Australian article about the original AWD controller circuit design but I really can't remember the details.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts