GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently there is a final rwyb on the 10th sept at elvington for this season, 1/4m and top speed. i've been asked to pass on that this may also be the last straightliners rwyb for good for cars at Elvington, unless the attendance numbers are up for cars competing on the 10th. the previous dates this year and last for rwyb have been affected by weather/poor turnouts etc and they aren't viable to continue putting them on without enough support.

would be a great shame if the 1/4m rwyb days there are pulled, so this may be a chance to try and support the venue and straightliners rwyb days there.
This doent not affect SSO or TOTB plans, but many of you have been to the rwyb events, so please try and pass on or support the rwyb event on the 10th if you can.

gates open 9am approx, racing from 10.30, cost is £45 for unlimited runs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The reason I don't go to Elvington so often is the cost. That £45 hits me in the face and even if I did 10runs (more than I normally do) it's £4.50 per run. The only reason I do go is that it's close to me, so the £45 is offset by less petrol. If it was further away, I'd gaurentee I wouldn't go at that price.

If they dropped the price, more cars would turn up.

York Dragway along the road is about £20 for the same (can't remember the exact figure)

·
Registered
450 Posts
It works out 10 to get in, 45 to race plus 5 to join for the day, so its actually 60 quid to get on track!

I dont mind paying but I can see why people wont/dont.

I dont think I can race there anymore anyway if the db restriction is still in force, as my cars probly 120db these days!

·
Registered
276 Posts
York is £35 all in, but you get nowhere near the number of runs.

Milko, noise level is still in place.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nick MW said:
Santa Pod is only £60 including entrance for a peak performance test and tune day!
Exactly! Plus its a top class, prepared surface..... if slightly up hill.. ;)

Just a pity its 170 miles away from me. :(

·
Registered
984 Posts
I agree, the venue is probably let down by the price, compared to York. I totally disagree about the number of runs. I got 9 runs in at York and that was before 12:30!!!!!

I might be there but not 100% yet as I got on holiday 3 days later so need to save some pennies.

:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Shakespeare County raceway

I always go to Shakespeare County Raceway, £15 to get in £15 to race. I get between 10 & 15 runs in down there, it is as far from Notts as Pod is, but they are cheaper AND they don't stop for lunch.

Never tried York yet but want to when I get the chance.

Kev

·
Registered
5 Posts
We will be there weather permitting! I can't believe that they are thinking about pulling the plug on RWYB, that is sooooooo depressing!
Yes it is more expensive than York dragway but the whole area/racing setup is 5000 times better. The run off area is a pot holed gravelly mess and the organisation isnt much better.

·
Banned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we have a r/r shootout at well lane (booked last year!) so we aim to be up at elvington around lunchtime once the shootout has finished. tim is taking the duke car i believe to elvington.
rgds

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
KevC said:
I always go to Shakespeare County Raceway, £15 to get in £15 to race. I get between 10 & 15 runs in down there, it is as far from Notts as Pod is, but they are cheaper AND they don't stop for lunch.

Never tried York yet but want to when I get the chance.

Kev
and if someone spills some fluid on the track?

hold on we aint that bothered.

SANTA POD, far more professional

·
Registered
510 Posts
We will be their with r32 drag car

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
IT has raind at elvington for the last two years, I rember last year beeing there in the Snow :)

Nigel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts