GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Nope as It's gonna rain on Sunday and I have spent far too many days cold and wet and waiting for action which doesn't happen ! (when wet)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Nope as It's gonna rain on Sunday
Hope it does. RWYB is tomorrow, Sunday is some VW Show.

Not supposed to rain at all tomorrow.

My friends car is off the road and we have an annual shoot-out and he didn't want to be left out so last week he picked up this for free.

No engine, not been run since approx 1980 a Rover P6

So add a 4 hour trip for a 4.6 engine from a 90's Land Rover

4.6 engine with manifold and carbs from a 3.5. 1.75" carbs for now

New timing gear and chain as other was f**ked

P6 pulley was broken so with scraps and bit of fabrication

Engine in!

Weight saving interior!

Fuel pump and new lines.

AND IT'S ALIVE!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154081912810145&set=vb.698935144

Sounds a beast and should be a good laugh. Fun 4 day project anyway so this shall be running at Santa Pod tomorrow :chuckle:

Anyone want to predict a time?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts

Video of the Rover P6 :p vs my GT-R

You have to remember this Rover was last started in 1983!!! <---- and it wasn't started to be worked on till Monday. It did actually get away before my GT-R as I had a poor start but I caught it back up :nervous:

The clutch as was the issue, but it got a run in. The plan is pretty huge for this. It'll eventually be a 10 second car I'm sure :runaway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxXiCsN9sQ

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Mid 10's, in the video run no idea. I was leaving but went for 1 last quick run against the Rover was just standard take off and drive I never asked what time it was or went and got the slip so in video probably a 11 - 11.5 run.

Still find issues where my car bogs down and I get a slower take-off launching than a normal take off, and with traction off the left lane was like driving on black ice it just spun up. Terminal speeds of over 130mph though pleased me, previously I was seeing consistent 127 - 128mph terminals so after the last map tweak there must be more poke.

Also without making any excuses for anyone at Pod Saturday there was early morning a pretty strong head wind as well that probably didn't aid times.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Great build! I love the moonshine jars in the car too LOL
GTR sounded the t!ts as it went by on the strip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts