GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
31,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So my boot is in bits at the minute and as I'm putting it back together I want to do some little mods at the same time. I read on Aki's blog that he fitted an S15 lower boot brace.

Apparently it just bolts in and is similar to the factory brace found in the R34.

So, why don't more people do it? I can't find a second hand brace but there are plenty of aftermarket ones available. Or is it a popular mod that people don't talk about?

Any advise welcome

Mike

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I expect most people don't even know about it that's why it's not done more often

If you're fitting the S15/R34 brace then you may aswell also fit the R33 series 3 braces at the front of the boot floor aswell

·
Registered
509 Posts
my mate has one in his gtr and had it in his gts-t previous and i never got round to fitting one in my gts-t as i was unsure where to get one,this was around 7-8 years ago though lol

·
Administrator
31,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my mate has one in his gtr and had it in his gts-t previous and i never got round to fitting one in my gts-t as i was unsure where to get one,this was around 7-8 years ago though lol
Getting a genuine brace seems pretty hard but Japspeed and most others do an after market brace for about £50. Gotta be worth a punt for that

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Well you know I'm doing it Mook, and already done the S3 forward braces - just a shame I can't get pics for you. But followed Aki's details as discussed.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Getting a genuine brace seems pretty hard but Japspeed and most others do an after market brace for about £50. Gotta be worth a punt for that
I possibly have a set in my basement, I think I almost / may have thrown them away last year as no one wanted them when I advertised them on dw

1 - 20 of 44 Posts