GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm trying to understand something and i need your help.

I was looking at that picture and i saw that the ''balance tube'' was remove...

My point is, the only cars that i've seen that had done that was all running a coolant header tank with 3 coolant line like in this picture.

So how do you think he could run like that??

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just done the same thing. If you want the so called "gt-500" mod to work it needs the bleeding hoses into the collector and back to the rad.
Never know with some guys though, there may be an ingenious setup that is simply not seen unless very close or visible..

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah like i've told, i know how this mod is usually done but i dont understand how his setup could run like that without the 3 hoses.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Thats what i think too but i'm pretty sure that's not good to do this
Those three holes line up with drillings in the RB26's standard vacuum rail and the rail provides a higher point for the bleed screw to make bleeding the system a bit easier after a coolant change.
GReddys replacement RB25 plenum doesn't even have a coolant bleed screw on it and the head design is pretty similar to the 26. They can be a bit of a pain to get all the air out when you change the coolant.

Cheers

Stu

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Group A cars ran a fabricated breather manifold made of hard pipe and banjos. Also the head was drilled to eliminate the upside down dam in the head the stops any hot bubbles releasing fron above the combustion chamber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts