GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know this is sad, but I started and I can't stop now ..... :chuckle:

From the first day I purchased the R33 GTR I have been keeping accurate records of the fuel and mileage, the first month or so was not too accurate, but from July onwards the tank was always filled up to the same point in the neck, and the mileage recorded, so here we have a record of the mpg for the first 6 months of ownership (as I stated, sad).

A couple of points to take note of, the high of 20.2 mpg was a steady 200 mile journey, no "ridiculous" speeding :rolleyes: and no hard accelaration, but certainly not a steady 55 all the way :) . The lows can be traced to city and town journeys, and contrary to belief the 13.7 mpg low was not due to me following Andy Hornsby on one of his days out :chuckle:

The most recent 16 mpg was a steady, but not excessive, motorway trip through to Wishaw to see Mark and the guys at the The Garage.

Just thought I'd share this, next installment in 6 months time, bet you all can't wait .... and one last bit of useless information, this is what 1785.17 litres or 392.69 gallons or £1771.35 of petrol looks like ....:eek:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Yes Iain youre right it is sad :chuckle:
but interesting mate, would be nice to see some comparisons between some standard cars and cars in different states of tune.
Might even try keeping a record myself.
wonder if this would differ between 32s, 33s and 34s?
would 34s give a slightly better mpg as theyre newer and have more gizmos?:confused:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
great post.... not sad, but kinda depressing. makes my range rover look almost economical with its 4.4, V8 & breezeblock shape.

cant believe my car is that economically bad?,,, never measured it though.

ultimately, not bothered about consumption, "its worth every penny", unless fuel prices go above £1.oo/ltr! :squintdan :mad: :rolleyes: :( :eek: :(

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Total miles up to the last fill up was 6255, making an overall average of 15.93 mpg in 6 months (aren't spread sheets wonderfull things :chuckle: )

She is almost standard, only mods (that I know of so far) are APEXi exhaust, after-market equal length down pipes, after-market ECU.

".... Were are you from??? .... ****"

Edinburgh area, an "East Coaster" :smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
.... ultimately, not bothered about consumption, "its worth every penny"....
Well said that man :thumbsup: :clap:

I've never enjoyed spending money on petrol so much, as you say, worth every penny so far, and even with spending a bit on repairs and servicing lately I've not regretted one day of ownership. It's a joy (or as my wife says, my mid life crisis :chuckle: )

Ian

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hmmm, interesting.

Well i no that my R33 GTS-t will do 250miles to a full tank and thats Motorway. Last time i filled up V-Power was 91p per litre.

So if any1 wants to work out the average fuel consumption on a motorway trip feel free.

Mods are: Uprated boost to about 0.85bar, 2.5" down pipe, de-cat, 3" Tanabe straight through back box, Iridium plugs, Splitfire coils and hard pipe with dump valve.

·
Registered
91 Posts
sad

Reckon thats sad!

Last weeks track day i did 137.6 kms and the gtr slurped up a nice 60 litres of 98 super fuel. How do i know 60 litre i hear you ask? Thats coz it run out of fuel on the cool down lap. And i had put 60 liters in the car that morning.

And before you say i have a wide band air/fuel meter and i am running 11.5:1 on wide open throttle. so it's a little rich but not too far off.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
I wish that petrol guide was about when I bought my car just over 2 years ago!
Very well done,the nearest thing Iv done is worked out my car cost me over £200 a month in fuel!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I wish that petrol guide was about when I bought my car just over 2 years ago!
Very well done,the nearest thing Iv done is worked out my car cost me over £200 a month in fuel!!
When I used my R32 GTR as my daily driver it was £60 every 4 days.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hmmm

Snicker snicker,

98 only cost 1£ / gallon here so i guess i am sooking about nothing really. not like you guys in the UK.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I dare you to take it on a track and do the same :chuckle:
From memory my car does about 1 lap per gallon on a decent track :eek: :chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good posting. I have a similar 33GTR with HKS intake. downpipes, decat and full exhaust together with Blitz ECU but my average over a tankfull is generally around 23 mpg. Thats varied road driving, not slow, but no track. Worst I had with a fair amount of quick road driving over a tankfull was 19.
Don't know why they should be so different.
Tesco 99 around here is 87.9 so its not so painful.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Mapping. There's no real reason why on a steady run it should do less mpg than standard unless the mapping is not as efficient.

I've got nothing against doing terrible mpg when hooning around or stop-start in traffic but on a good run a 'stage 1' car should be just as, if not more economical than std.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My R33 GTR is running 1bar boost and mapped by Rob Bell to around 400bhp I've mannaged to get 315miles to around 53litres when I came back from Scotland (at the Isle of mull rally) doing a steady 85mph all the way. Thats with a safe commerically available fully tested ingredient I add to the fuel. Used to get about 265 to long motorway journes before that.

General urban driving used to get about 180 before the ingredient,to a tank now get 235.

Cant advertise it on here tho as per forum rules but if anyones interested PM me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts