GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking my 68 plate GTR up Friday. Salesman just put £30 of 95RON petrol in it! Anyone recommend best octane booster to sort it out? It’s standard so can’t change map. I think I remember GTR mart supplying one?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Try Klotz octane booster which you can get from birchperformance. GTRMart will sort you out, I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Or just take it easy on the throttle, it is not like it takes a long time to get through £30 worth of juice...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Or top it up now with 98 or 99. Engine will adjust to it until it gets full tank of 99.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really? I’ll do that if you think it should be ok. I’m buying my dream car, there’s no way I can take it easy for the first £30 of fuel 😂 The first £30 is reserved for taking friends out in it and trying to make them scream 😂

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok cheers. I’m probably being OTT I know, but I just want to start ownership off right. It’s straight into AC Speedtech for a checkup to make sure everything’s spot on. Only 18 months old, had run in service and 12 months service at Litchfield so should be fine 😊

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
£30 trying to make people scream will be gone in less than an hour...you’ll be filling it up in no time so I really wouldn’t worry on a standard Gtr ;)(y)
👍 I almost had your old white one. But the salesman was keeping me on the hook in case the sale he already had on it didn’t go through.

·
R35 Section manager
10,922 Posts
£30 quid of fuel?
You will be tapping the fuel gauge after an hour like those pilots do in the old war movies!

As above fill up with some of the good stuff on you way back and you will be fine

·
Ooo Matron !
2,129 Posts
When I bought my first Lotus Esprit, the first time I filled it up I though it must be using about a tank every half hour !

The early one have two fillers, one at either side. I only managed to get one cap off, so I filled it as much as I could and tooled off. The gauge was reading "full", so I thought well, you can clearly just fill it from any side then. After a few miles the tank settled and it was reading "half". Jesus Christ ! What's going on here ? All sorts of stuff was going round in my head. Is it pissing out ? Is it using that much fuel ? I worked it out in the end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts