GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Santa Pod

A great day today at Santa Pod.

It was virtually deserted, about 100 BMWs in the Car Park but only about 10 of them went up the strip, so there were probably more GTR drag runs than BMWs, quite funny since it was a BMW Day. For large parts of the day there was no-one on the startline, so you just drove straight up and staged if you fancied a run.

Well, all the BMWs were comparatively slow.... (14s and occassional 13s), a couple of quick evos doing mid 12's I think and Ferrari 550 Maranello that couldn't go better than 13.2 (poor driver?)

The highlight was of course the GTRs.

Since I left at about 2.30pm, I stand to be corrected if anyone went faster, but when I left the times were as follows:

Several guys in low 12s - Ged, Paul D + others
Dirk got into 11s (11.9X) and was rightly well-pleased
Henry, incredibly consistent with about 6 high 11s, best 11.70
Mine, best 11.54

and in the lead when I left Gary at 11.49

Having only ran my car in the morning, when Gary beat my time I was tempted to go out again, but as I said to him, we would probably have been going head-to-head for the rest of the afternoon and I didn't particularly want to take my car home on a trailer.

Well done to everyone who went up the strip.

Guy

PS Prize for smelliest clutch went to Tim of SVS, who managed to roast a twin-plate!

·
Registered
961 Posts
so blue IS faster!

·
Registered
666 Posts
My first ever drag run in a Skyline.
Never dumped the clutch on any car for more than 20 years.

12.1 at the second attempt, a good run that was made special for me by following Guy just ahead/alongside of me.

Yes an excellent time had by the few GTRs that made the effort.

Shame more GTRs did not make the effort.:mad:

Top cars, Top people, Top day:D :mad:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
santa pod

Had a really good day, met a lot of the devoted tribe as Ged said it is a shame more people dont attend, the cost was 10 quid as many runs as you want now thats value for money,
After some instruction from Guy I went on to improve my time and achived another personal best for my car
11.34 @ 127.89 mph and still drover her home:D
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations on your time Gary :D
I take it the next challenge is a 10 sec run :eek:

Question ???
What is the quickest road going skyline over the 1/4 :confused:

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
466 Posts
GREAT

Gman,

No probs hope you got home ok.

I would like to see how over near standard 33's go - it just shows that it dont cost loads to go fast...

My silver beast managed average's of 12.8's but got a 12.53 and also did the little man over a 1/4 mile with a 12.64 (who needs the KY - looking forward to the re-run) :) :) :)

This is not a bad car at all ! and the clutch was fcuked!

please please please.. does anyone have pics or vids of Pauls ex 33 trancing his 34 :)

only joking - Paul fancy a deal in buying a bit of speed back?

d
666 SKY

1 - 20 of 41 Posts