GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JapShow - Japanese Performance Car Event - Pro Shootout

What an awesome line up at Europe's best drag strip with fully sanctioned FIA approved timing equipment.

This sort of pro line up would be a rare sight in Japan & USA let alone on our doors steps. So get yourself there.

We'll be there supporting Tim. All being well we should finally see the real Duke GTR that has run low 8's in Japan, Russia and Malaysia. Mr Nomura and Koichi from Duke racing team Japan and Katsu from HKS USA r&d are over to help us set her up, map and share with us years of their drag racing experience. No promises but we'll try and give it our best.

Ben

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Is Tim not driving the car this weekend then ?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Wow... well done.

who was driving on 9.0 run?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
i got that text too :smokin: awesome. im not sure who sent it me tho, ben?

sounds like an 8 is a big possiblity if the rain stays off
Yep i got that text aswell!!! Was from Ben.

Also rung me earlier when they done the 9.1 to create a thread, but unfortunately i wasn't near my computer!!!

Well done lads, and hope you can better this tomorrow...!!!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
This posted on Keiths forum>>>>>>>

Hi

Just a quick post to let everyone know that Team Cowie will not be running at Santa pod tomorrow at the Jap show ,R.B Motorsport had the car finished this week and is running well.The first big problem we now have is that the RTE race fuel that the car was mapped on has now been discontinued,so we have had to change to another brand of race fuel.The second problem we have is that Mark Shead from MAD that maps the car is away on holiday.

The OS Giken engine is worth too much money to just take a chance that the fuel could be ok,so there is no way that we are going to chance it for one race meeting

What a pi$$er Crying or Very sad

Keith

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks for the update......I feel sad for Keith but that is racing for you, he hasnt had a good year. But we do know the car is ready, and it was faster than the Veilside R32 GTR (I heard) so could a low 8 be possible?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
shame, keith has not tested that engine but like they said, aint worth breaking for one show! well looks like only the duke to get an 8 tomorrow then!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Firstly a huge well done to Tim Webster. I can't think of anyone who deserves to crack the first 8 milestone and the European 4wd record.

Would like to have seen a lower 8 run, as we know the GTR is capable of it. As Tim mentioned he had very little time to practice with the improved set up, a few runs on the Saturday afternoon then straight int the pro comp on the sunday. The Duke teams trip was very much a flying visit due to other commitments (Duke are racing in Japan this week and Katsu is helping Rockstar in Formula D), one day of trouble shooting on the friday (a boost issue what came up at totb and putting back settings that someone altered :p) then shakedown at pod on the sat. Masamoto Nomura said he delibratly cracked a 9.0 instead of anything better :chuckle:

Look forward to seeing Tim progressing with the GTR and getting the 0-60's down. And also remembering to press the logging button !

Who ever asked was they an issue as they could hear a knocking noise. No the engine is still in good condition, infact if run correctly the HKS RB28 hideck can potentially last up to 50 full power runs before needing a refresh. very strong. The noise is the sound that comes from the HKS airshifter gear box when pulling off the throttle in first four gears, no engine brake. Before the bcnr33 came over the box was rebuilt by HKS Japan, and can again if used correctly last up to 200 passes.

Will push to get the support the car needs. Ideally we could do with a spare engine on stand by, while one can be in Japan / travelling.

Not wanting to take anything away from Tim's bulldozing sunday, but seeing a street supra with stock crank, in the final seemed a little unfair class wise respectively. But every pro guy appeared to trailer their cars also.

From an enthusast point of view, i was disapointed not to see Keith and sva, again. Heard a week before keith wouldn't be ready, nice of him to let pod know he wouldn't be coming (again). Also sad to see his comments he hoped it would rain and it doesn't count due to tires used. lol If Santa pod says it counts, it counts.

Also big well done to Ross 'babydoll' Juniper from Dragon on his fanstic 9.3 run fastest Rotary in Europe right ?

Well done to Jonny in the Endless R32, his very first time he's ever been on a drag strip.

Hair cut, haha what Gary forgot to mention was that when we asked MY promo model Siobhan (see Nuts mag next week) who had the better cut i.e who she fancied more, she choose me :squintdan if you like i can back that up and ask her again on sunday at btcc.

Have some great pics and also in car footage, have sent away to be edited so should be on the web soon. Can't believe Mark Ricci's amature filming is apparently the highest automotive down load this week on youtube.

and a few for Gary, Simon and Ross....

I have a number of Duke racing DVD's 2006 JDDA (Japan dragrace driver association championship) drag battle. Free copy with any GTC parts purchased from us while stocks last.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well-done all involved, made for great end of season show.
Koichi Saburi of Duke just emailed me saying, looking forward to fighting next year. So I presume they are coming over again next year Ben?
Hopefully we can be more competitive next year, whenever we catch up with the skylines, they go faster!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts