GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right here we go drag racing again :smokin: .

How about a meet on the 14th October at Santa Pod for what I think is one of the last Run What Ya Brungs of the year. I have been asked by Simon/Alexis of JapUK Meets to make this an invitation for all off us here to join them in the fun. I know we can't be sure of the weather but hey, could be sunny and the Pod is a nice run/meet for North/South Skyline owners which can only be a good thing :D .

Will revive this thread nearer the time but just thought it may be a worthwhile addition to our diaries.

See Ya.

Glen

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi there,

I maybe intrested in going as I was planing to go before they close for the winter.

From memory its 8 quid to get in and 10 quid to run ya car... Don`t forget ya licence..

Seeya

Richard

·
Registered
666 Posts
Reckon I can make that one.
Can Warren tear himself away from the curtains to show up?:eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Curtains

I have no idea what you mean Velvet I hope...

I just hope T6KYO can go on green this time and not sit there smiling on a green flash? I don't think my clutch can take much more.:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
running down the 1340 (1/4 mile)

Sounds good to me. All this driving round bends
gets a bit involved. But the weather, well, last time I went there was in 1989 and I swore I would never return. Nothing like U turning ! Anyway, maybe the facilities have improved. There is nothing like a 'pod-burger' to make you go faster ! Glen, get your Showaddy-whatever 8-tracks out, they might play them on the tannoy
Tim

·
Registered
997 Posts
The POD

Hi Glen,
Count me in,I`d love to go.

Do you want me to tow you up the strip in my R33?

:D

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Ok

Tim. Yes the POD is the PERFECT race track for me. No corners :D .
As for tunes to play while dragging. TRex with 'Get it on Bang the gong Get it on'. Top sounds.

Henry. Are you going to bring the RARE 5 cylinder GTR :D .

Warren. Why have you taken your Avatar off. I enjoyed looking at the 'High Roof' cossie.

And no I won't be doing any demonstration 'black smoke' fly pasts, before anyone says anything.

Glen.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next Weekend

Dear All

Are we going or are we going. Just a reminder for next Sunday 14th October that Santa Pod is holding a run what ya brung. I am leaving from essex with a few guys from the JapUK Meets site and am planning to try the M11/A14 route. Not confirmed so may end up on the busy South Mimms and Toddington route. Anyone else fanciening(can't spell that one) it just post up. By the way this is an open invitation to ALL by the way. North, South, East or West. Let's try to make it a big cruise and meet. Like Daz said not too many of these left and the weather COULD be OK. I personally aren't going to run my car but I believe as Guy said the costs are £15 if you want to.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
212 Posts
Oct 14th

Hi Glen
I'm still up for it. Got permission from 'her indoors' so all I need to worry about now is the weather. Not having been to the Pod since 1989, the route we always used to follow was straight up the M1 and off at J14. I am planning to pick up a friend of mine from Farnborough area on the way so we will probably go up the M3/M25/M1
Tim

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meet

Tim.

Well probably popular opinion is that we all go in a group so us Essex Boys will no doubt be meeting you guys at Toddington.

glen

·
Registered
666 Posts
I should be going ...probably join the A14 at Junction 13 (Thrapston).
I will maybe wait nearby till you pass.
What time?
What is the plan?
Picnic tables etc?:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picnic Table

What are you trying to say Pegleg/Alan ;) .

Blowdog.

Are you going to be joining a cruise up their. If so where from?
Also, I do like your site Cem.

See Ya

glen

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Glen,

I may meet you at Scratchwood. What time are you planning on meeting, there is also a Scooby meet I would like to go to on the same day.

Thanks for the compliments on the site, I try my best. Weather has been real crap recently, so there hasn't been much opportunity for new photographs unfortnately.

Cem
:)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Services

Cem

If we go M1 route we'll be joining from the M25 so the next avaialble sevices to us is Toddington. Firstly for the east/north london boys will be a meet at South Mimms. No doubt we'll have this sorted by next week. Keep watching.

glen

·
Registered
997 Posts
Glen + Santa Pod

Glen,
Gary & me is departing Sussex & arriving at the "pod",thats what its all about:D :D :D

Has Abbey got that big hair dryer of yours "blowing" yet...????

Henry:smokin:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts