GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Santa Pod yesterday and ran 11.5 seconds on the quarter in my R34 which is my personal best and the cars. Still got ficked up 2nd and 4th gears but managed to smash em in a little better after a fluid change, new box shortly to be fitted...

Cant wait, next time I will get low 11's or even 10's with my R34, watch this space.

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Nice one Dirk... hope you scared some of them Nova drivers off...;)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Well done Andy, pretty good on 2530s! ;) Who's going to be the first into the 10s.....?

Peter.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Guys.

Peter - 10's, Hmm, as I say, watch this space, if we can get 11.5 with 25/30's god knows what more power would give eh??

Interesting food for thought I think, after just 3 more runs I shaved off three tenths of a second from more setting the car up better and its just opened up our eyes what can be done when you really try and you think about how to get the parts to work better.

Mods on my engine still owe me less than 10K as well, bold is not always beautiful you know:)

So many ideas, not enough time to put them into action.

So, on 2530's it is possible to get the following results so far :-

0-60mph - 3.31 seconds
1/4 Mile - 11.5 seconds
500m - 13.1 seconds
1.2 miles - 178 mph

Heres another one for you - God does not always work in mysterious ways, just mostly clever ones:D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Dirk,

Great result.

Now that your car is specially set-up for drag racing, you will be able to prove just how much difference good traction and a full drag suspension set-up makes to times.

As all drag racers know, there's no point having power if you can't get it to the ground - as anyone watching a Viper or Supra launch knows...

Guy

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guy said:
Dirk,

Great result.

Now that your car is specially set-up for drag racing

Guy
SPECIALLY SETUP?, NAH, I DRIVE IT EVERY DAY GUY, IF I HAD A CAR SPECIALLY SETUP FOR DRAG RACING MY RESULTS WOULD BE MUCH MORE RESPECTABLE BUT, I AM GOVERNED BY THE FACT THAT I LOVE TO DRIVE MY CAR EVERYDAY AND THEREFORE NEED TO KEEP IT SANE AND MANAGABLE WHILST KEEPING AN EDGE OF POWER, THATS WHY ITS GOT THE 2530'S AND NOT JUST GONE AND BOLTED ON SOME 2835'S OR SOMETHING SIMILAR, THATS TOO EASY ( KIND OF ), MY GOAL WAS TO TAKE EACH STAGE AS FAR AS IT WILL GO AND THEN MOVE ON BUT 2530'S IS MY LIMIT FOR THE R34 AS ITS STILL A NEWISH CAR AND FUN TO DRIVE UNLIKE MY OTHER CARS HENCE MY PATIENT INCREASE TO BETTER POWER, TORQUE AND TIMES.

ITS ALL TOO EASY TO SAY YEH, I HAD THOSE, GOT THAT MUCH POWER AND THAT WAS THAT SO I GOT NEW TURBOS AND NOW HAVE THIS MUCH POWER, ITS ABOUT RELEASING THE POWER THAT EACH STAGE ( LOOK AT MY TRACTIVE EFFORT ) AND PART CAN GIVE AND WE ARE VERY CLOSE, THE WORK IS STILL NOT FINISHED, THATS THE FUN:)

PROJECT X, WHATS THAT THEN GUY? OBVIOUSLY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE SECRET OR YOU WOULD HAVE CALLED IT PROJECT H BUT WHATS THE JIST?

BTW GUY, I HAVE THE HKS BOOK YOU WANTED, EMAIL ME YOUR DETAILS AGAIN PLEASE AND I WILL SEND OFF TO YOU TOMM - [email protected]

DIRK.

·
Registered
961 Posts
so when its sprayed silver youll knock off a couple of tenths !

i bet the stickers weigh it down a bit, or is there a bit of go faster in em!:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
6000 BHP

There was also one hell of a spectical in the form of a proper dragster,
It ran 3 times
The first time was just a launch and the throttle was immediatly shut down,First thoughts were the driver had no bottle, 9 seconds coasting
The second run was launch and full throttle to 8th mile, well it split your ear drums and first thought was obviously found a pair of balls, and then wow my head hurts 156 mph 7.1 sec coasting
The car was taken back to the pits were the team stripped the engine and clutch and replaced the clutch,bearing shells and adjust the valve clearences all done in under an hour, very impressive,
The third run well with fingers in the ears, one rev and wam full bore for the quarter the ground shook my body shook and first thoughts were f****** h*ll
second thought were Balls had obviousl grown big time,
third thought were I had never witnesed something this increadable before
287 mph 4.1 seconds
I must say my first thought was totally wrong as I would not get in one of those things for all the tea in china.

Skyline in the 9s ? well its very easy to say, and will be very nice to see
Lord of the quarter, bit premature isnt it guy ?

Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Bits

Dirk,

Great - I'll send you my address.

Nothing wrong with sticking with a set-up and optimising it, I which I'd had the chance, it would have saved me about 30 grand and I would have got to use the car.

Gary,

Sounds like the 'proper dragster' was awesome, I've always wanted to watch the Top Fuel boys run, just realised too late this year (same day as Trax).

Project X - yes it's a bit secret, just to add a bit of fun, Henry and I (joint-owners) will provide some teaser details in due course.

As for Lord of the Quarter, well its true, just not in England!!!!

Guy

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
LMAO

Heard details about a few cars today/tonight... all I can say is can't wait till next year coz theres going to be some VERY shocked people.... he he

Luke (not the lord of anything)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Next Year

Luke,

Your'e right, should be fun next year.

A number of people are working on projects, some are keeping it secret, some can't keep it quiet (Project X).

Whoever is quickest, at least it should make next years Ten of The Best even more interesting.....

Guy

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
TOTB

Just aslong as theres not too many quick ones there next year as I wanna run... provided I don't crash before hand again.

Luke (hoping his 32 will still be a match)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Nice run Dirk

By the way, is that 10K of trade money or retail ?

Did you manage to get the 34 box off that french guy in the end.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
997 Posts
WELL DONE ANDY.
MAYBE SUMO POWER LTD WOULD LIKE TO HOST A SKYLINE DRAG CHAMPIONSHIP STARTING 2003,THAT WOULD BE FUN SET OVER 3 OR 4 ROUNDS.
PM ME WITH YOUR THOUGHTS.

Henry.

RH9 R32 ,ITS TRUE.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
hopefull you will leave this 32 in one piece....its too nice to crash!

am very power crazy!!! love the noise and speed!!! hopefully I will still have my licence though....am pending prosecution...doh...didnt see the nice little black van parked on the bridge over the motorway...and yes I had just pulled my bel990i out of the socket as it was blipping at nothing only 5mins earlier and yes I am dum!!!:(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts