GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys, I'm building an RB26 S13 and have got the engine loom ecu etc out of an r32.

In the process I had quick peek inside the ECU and found there was a "SARD RACING Skyline GTR" chip inside it. I was wondering is this the standard issue ecu or has it been "chipped"?

I only ask as the car it came out of was a damaged one and I had a little sketchy history on it, indicating a fresh rebuild, N1 turbos etc, It also looked like it had an uprated fuel pump and boost controller that had been robbed off it before I got hold of it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I've been told its definately not the standard issue ecu, but I still can't seem to find out any information regarding SARD doing ecu's/chips etc I was under the impression they really only did injectors and fuel rails etc.

Can anyone on here shed some light on this?

·
Registered
715 Posts
SARD did 32 ecu's, same as every tuning shop in Japan. You will have no idea what it is mapped for unless you get it looked at by someone who knows.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers thanks for the info, I just wasn't sure if SARD actually did ecu's as I'd never heard of them doing it before. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts