GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys thought I'd ask on here are there's next to no info on the net for these.

I brought a sard 66mm type j external wastegate from a fellow member on the forum. It all works as it should but the spring pressure is very low. There is an adjustment screw on top of the wastegate, if this it wound in would this effectively raise the pressure the wastegate opens? If not are there higher rated springs available? See pics below of actual wastegate.

Cheers graham

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I adjust it in a fair bit it'll open at a higher pressure or can you only adjust it in when you have stronger springs aswell?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes mate, this is the other issue I had during tuning I could control the boost with my profec b.

I had it setup the following way but I couldn't raise the boost:

Top nipple to the com port of the boost solenoid and the bottom nipple to the nc port of the boost solenoid with a t-piece going to the bottom of the inlet manifold (assumed this was a good pressure source as I'm still running the standard throttle bodies meaning the inlet manifold is a good pressure source, is this correct?)

Can anyone shed some light on this also?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I've never used a profec b but the bottom nipple goes to the pressure side, preferably as close to the turbo as possible for quickest wastegate response.
And the top one goes to a boost control valve which gets it's pressure from a t-piece from the bottom nipple .

The difference between this wastegate and a "normal" one nipple wg is that the higher pressure you let through the boost valve, the more boost you get.
Unlike a single nipple wg which lowers the boost as you open the boost valve.

I know my previous hks evc had an option depending on which type of wg you are running.

If your boost controller doesn't have an option for dual nipple wg then you can skip the top nipple, do not block it though, and just run the bottom nipple to your boost valve.
It doesn't work as good but it'll work.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So effectively set it io the same as it was when I was running the standard internal wastegates which worked fine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts