GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the story with this guys? if its factory built do i still have a problem?

thanks

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You will still be required to turn the function off mate. Whether they can prove it was on if you turned it off after getting stopped though I can't comment on.

·
Registered
818 Posts
whats the story with this guys? if its factory built do i still have a problem?

thanks
Update to the latest map pack and it wont be!

If it points out camera placement and they find it on there they will whip it out!

·
Registered
818 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm going on a trip driving through France in a couple of weeks in my MY2012, will it have speed cameras for France or is it only an issue for earlier cars?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update to the latest map pack and it wont be!

If it points out camera placement and they find it on there they will whip it out!

how much is the update? have I got to go to a main dealer? I am kinda running out of time as I leave sat! haha

is there anything else I can do?

cheers

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
It's irrelevant really, they can't actually without reason ask you out of you car and start playing around with your sat nav system anyway.

No-one will get pulled over and asked to step outside the car whilst the police see your planned route and whether there is camera's on your database.

If you get pulled over it's likely because you've been caught speeding in which case whether you have cameras on your database or not again it's irreverent as your likely heading for a fine.

The 2 times I was stopped in France this year I had no issues and I have cameras on my database, the first was because did a Euro tour and the Swiss police had the itinerary and shared the information with German, Belgium and French police forces.

Moment I went into France I was followed by a unmarked car for 5 miles before being pulled over asking where I was heading and all my details checked. The 2nd time was for circling an are looking for said accommodation and again all details checked. At no given time did they even consider looking at my cars built in sat nav.

I think as a guesstimate I drive in Europe around 4 times a month on average in various vehicles all with cameras on the sat nav loaded and I've never had issues, heck even in the work van the Tom Tom has the cameras loaded and thats still never been questioned.

People worry to much about it, it's the same as the headlight aimers, breathe tests, hi-viz jackets, although I carry those I've never been questioned to see them.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It's irrelevant really, they can't actually without reason ask you out of you car and start playing around with your sat nav system anyway.

No-one will get pulled over and asked to step outside the car whilst the police see your planned route and whether there is camera's on your database.

If you get pulled over it's likely because you've been caught speeding in which case whether you have cameras on your database or not again it's irreverent as your likely heading for a fine.

The 2 times I was stopped in France this year I had no issues and I have cameras on my database, the first was because did a Euro tour and the Swiss police had the itinerary and shared the information with German, Belgium and French police forces.

Moment I went into France I was followed by a unmarked car for 5 miles before being pulled over asking where I was heading and all my details checked. The 2nd time was for circling an are looking for said accommodation and again all details checked. At no given time did they even consider looking at my cars built in sat nav.

I think as a guesstimate I drive in Europe around 4 times a month on average in various vehicles all with cameras on the sat nav loaded and I've never had issues, heck even in the work van the Tom Tom has the cameras loaded and thats still never been questioned.

People worry to much about it, it's the same as the headlight aimers, breathe tests, hi-viz jackets, although I carry those I've never been questioned to see them.
+1 I've been going through or to France for the last 4 years and before that worked there for 15 years. Never had any problem with the police.

Now that I've bragged about it, I'll probably get pulled and seriously checked over next month.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am now in France and did 1250km whit 2 camara allert systems, i can not chance my GTR for every country i pas. Where is Europe???

·
Registered
111 Posts
Police in France will be more interested in the GTR than what facilities you've got on your sat nav trust me. General rule, keep plenty of euros in the glovebox in case of an on the spot fine but drive as fast as you like through static cameras.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Police in France will be more interested in the GTR than what facilities you've got on your sat nav trust me. General rule, keep plenty of euros in the glovebox in case of an on the spot fine but drive as fast as you like through static cameras.
Can confirm the Static cameras point but be aware it's expected this will change early next year. Right now the French can't access DVLA records so no way of them knowing who set off the Static camera. If you're pulled over though you're fair game.

Set off a sequence of Fixed cameras in a very long tunnel under Paris en route to Le Mans in June. Oops:chuckle:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts