GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having taken delivery of a non Sat Nav car back in May last year I've been looking into a Sat Navs since my old Road Angel packed in and I think I know which one I want, however I would appreciate any recommendations.

The one that is favourite so far is the TomTom 950 although reading through some of the reviews users have suggested getting the slightly older 940. I particularily like the fact these 2 units have the road angel camera warnings.

If anyone has any of these units I would appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

·
Registered
220 Posts
Personally I quite liked the lookof the the Snooper Syrius, but at the moment I borrow my wifes Tom Tom, It works ok, but I wouldn't buy another tom tom on the basis of that - it was top of the range when we got it, but my dad's garmin is way better ( and cost half the price!)

·
Registered
358 Posts
what ever you choose is HAS to be better then the built in BMW iDrive crap. It is the single worst bit of technology development I have come across in 15 years working in the computer industry. It's so bad I won't buy another BMW even when the company pays for it. German Engineering? PAH! Off topic, sorry I know but I had to vent... ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
wait a little longer ol son, your wish to have a non sat nav GTR turned into a sat nav GTR may coming to place near you soon !!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Steve you are such a tease me old mucker!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
A "software" company is working hard to resolve the GTR issues to allow the JDM and UK non Sat Nav cars to be adapted for a properly installed Sat Nav using the MFD. (Also the JDM cars have a much better resolution screen that do the UK cars) I have been waiting since last spring and am chasing up on a regular basis. Watch this space !

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
and since yours is a JDM I'm interested as well

spill the beans or might have to exercise my right as a mod to mess with you :)

remeber who gave you your first drive?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve, appreciate the information but any idea of time scales involved?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Aww Hunny, your scuh a sweetie when your angry !!!

Of course you will be the second one to know and have it fitted to your car !!!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Nope, I've been waiting since last May !! it may take time but I am sure they will get there.

I will tell Robbie J first!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm interested also - my focus has always been connecting an i-pod but if your guys can achieve ipod compatability and Satnav I will almost certainly be a taker

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've got a tomtom 940 live and it's great the voice controlls and customisation is amazing along with the rest of features, go get one you will love it. If I had to get another satnav it would be a tomtom

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yup me too. 940 Live is the best sat nav I've had.

HD Traffic is great, much better than TMC traffic and yes the camera alerts are pretty good but maybe not as up to date as Road Angel.

Today I used a postcode to get me to the area, but couldn't actually find Sumo Power's premises (despite them being enormous!), so I pulled over and used the Live Google search and it directed me there after finding it!

I've customised mine with a Nismo start up screen and an R35 GT-R icon instead of the arrow.

Very impressive.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Yup me too. 940 Live is the best sat nav I've had.

HD Traffic is great, much better than TMC traffic and yes the camera alerts are pretty good but maybe not as up to date as Road Angel.

Today I used a postcode to get me to the area, but couldn't actually find Sumo Power's premises (despite them being enormous!), so I pulled over and used the Live Google search and it directed me there after finding it!

I've customised mine with a Nismo start up screen and an R35 GT-R icon instead of the arrow.

Very impressive.
LOL, boys and toys !!!

So what are you having done at Andy's ??

·
Registered
570 Posts

Very impressive.
I've done that on my Tomtom XL, bet yours isnt the right colour for your car though!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts