GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I finally got hold of the owner's manual for my Sat Nav car - specifically including the Sat Nav - the standard one (without Sat Nav) was delivered when I collected my car. I was very sad to see that the way of uploading new map / speed camera info is to take your car to a Nissan dealer and get them to do it - it also implies that you will be charged for this. I thought that i'd just be able to download the latest versions from the internet and upload them myself - rather like you can with many of the aftermarket handhelds.

I am pretty disappointed because in my view it would be a necessity to get and keep all the speed camera information as upto date as possible - especially in a high performance car such as the GT-R.:bawling:

What do you guys think of this?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
No different to any other manufacturers nav systems.

£260 for a yearly update disc for my Merc,

That's why I have a TomTom, Roadpilot Micro, and a non-nav car.. :)

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Andy

Jealousy will get you nowhere!

D

PS the camera database on the car is not 100% complete - i have driven past 3 fixed sites over 6 months old that are not on the system.
Ha ha ha!

Am I that obvious!? :D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Isn't that the point? Surely you should be able to upload the latest camera info yourself.
No manufacturer systems allow that. They usually all update data via annual or semi-annual update discs. I've bought a few from BMW over the years at about £100-£180 each (depending if they have a special deal on).

The functionality for updates is built into hand-helds because they are portable, so can easily be plugged into PCs (unlike cars). They are also often marketed on their camera detection ability, the GTR wasn't so it's just a bonus feature in the way it is there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts