GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i set a route sometimes it just gets stuck calculating, thats first problem, I have to turn the engine of, then restart and that will quite often sort it as it then calculates and starts the route guidence.

Other problem is if i'm on a journey and stop for petrol say, turn the car of and then restart it doesnt continue with the route guidence, i have to reset the route, and if i dont it does eventually start the route guidance again but can take 10 moinutes sometimes and then just suddendly starts the guidance.

My question is, is this just traits of the nissan sat nav system that i will have to live with, or does it sound like there is a problem? anyone else have the same issues and got them sorted?

Been thinking about putting my tom tom in instead, it works much better which is frustrating as i waited especially for the nav car to avoid stuff stuck all over the dash board.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine is exactly the same and am waiting for a replacement unit to come through.

Another thing it does is choose the wrong way all the time. It gets you there, but not the route any other nav unit or yourself would take. tried all the different route options and they are all wrong, wherever I have tried.

Poo!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Exactly the same happened to me on Friday..eventually started working but then on way home, the speed camera detector didn't work and unit just reset itself whilst driving....adding to the list of "warranty" items to sort out with WLMG Mill Hill Nissan.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ask nissan to buy a last generation tomtom :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly the same happened to me on Friday..eventually started working but then on way home, the speed camera detector didn't work and unit just reset itself whilst driving....adding to the list of "warranty" items to sort out with WLMG Mill Hill Nissan.
I would be interested to know if anyone has had theres replaced with a new improved unit, or whether this will be a case of replacing something with something that was never good in the first place!?

Regarding the speed camera detector, i wouldnt bother with it, I have a road angel connected in my car and only listen to road angel lady, the nissan lady! gets it wrong and is very out of date, and of course doesnt do any of the camera van locations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still having only the sat nav and jerky pull aways as issues that need addressing is not so bad i guess, i foolishly bought a TVR tuscan a few years back and within a week had 2 full A4 pages filled with items to get fixed under the warranty!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Satnav and touch screen

When I got mine, routes and estimated times were crazy, but discovered that the default average speed settings were silly. Having replaced these with realistic settings (eg 150 on motorways ...) both issues went away.

One thing I do have though is a problem with the touch screen. It varies between unreliable (requiring several presses to make it recognise inputs) and useless.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well just got my car back from going to the HPC, they said they couldnt recreate the problems i been having, so i am now resorted to ahving to film the sat nav screen when the problem occurs, which could be tricky while driving, as usually problem kicks in once i have set off on the journey.

I will try changing the avergae speed as yeh it is bit slow for this kind of car!

The touch screen is pretty useless, I agree, i have found if watching a dvd to navigate the DVD menus i have to tap the screen slightly above the links, that seems to work, not sure if you have found same problems? been trying the same thing on the sat nav too

·
Registered
73 Posts
well just got my car back from going to the HPC, they said they couldnt recreate the problems i been having, so i am now resorted to ahving to film the sat nav screen when the problem occurs, which could be tricky while driving, as usually problem kicks in once i have set off on the journey.

I will try changing the avergae speed as yeh it is bit slow for this kind of car!

The touch screen is pretty useless, I agree, i have found if watching a dvd to navigate the DVD menus i have to tap the screen slightly above the links, that seems to work, not sure if you have found same problems? been trying the same thing on the sat nav too
I'll try your "high tap" method.

I also have a jerky pull away - not sure whether to ask HPC or a female companion .....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Slightly off topic... Prashan how have WLMG been in dealing with your warranty issues? I'm thinking of getting an R35 and was chatting to the older sales guy and all he seemed to do was cuss my 993 carrera 4 instead of talking about the r35... kind of put me off using that dealership!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slightly off topic... Prashan how have WLMG been in dealing with your warranty issues? I'm thinking of getting an R35 and was chatting to the older sales guy and all he seemed to do was cuss my 993 carrera 4 instead of talking about the r35... kind of put me off using that dealership!
no need to diss the porsche, i have aporsche as well as the GTR, and porsches are aweosme cars, you cant fault them really, they are both great cars in there own right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll try your "high tap" method.

I also have a jerky pull away - not sure whether to ask HPC or a female companion .....
yeh it definately works for me on dvd menus :) my HPC have improved the jerky pullaways, though still the engine labours(drops to low) when pulling away slowly, which is not good, i did ask them to sort that but its no different.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any of you that are having jerky pull away issues just need to let your HPC specilist know about it. If they are any good (like the guy in Westway Oxford) they will take you out in the car, connect up the laptop and adjust the settings untill you find the right feel for you. They can set it to have a more gentle creep forward for those of us who live with daily slow commuter traffic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any of you that are having jerky pull away issues just need to let your HPC specilist know about it. If they are any good (like the guy in Westway Oxford) they will take you out in the car, connect up the laptop and adjust the settings untill you find the right feel for you. They can set it to have a more gentle creep forward for those of us who live with daily slow commuter traffic.
that sounds ideal, as i'm still not happy with it, thanks for the tip

·
Registered
381 Posts
what happens if the sat nav is removed or the fuse it self is pulled ?

will the car go into fail safe mode or would the there be a flag on your next service for this ? :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had similair problems with my satnav a few weeks ago, now it seems to be working OK, could it be temperature related, temps have been better lately 5+ (Celsius) in stead of -5 when those problems occured...

Can imagine the harddisk has problems with low temps, they should have used a SSD imo...

Ben

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had similair problems with my satnav a few weeks ago, now it seems to be working OK, could it be temperature related, temps have been better lately 5+ (Celsius) in stead of -5 when those problems occured...

Can imagine the harddisk has problems with low temps, they should have used a SSD imo...

Ben

hmm maybe, not done a road trip since weather warmed up, so will update this thread with results

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does anyone know if the later versions of the car have improvements to these seemingly 'design' faults? There's been quite a bit of chat about the MY2010 version, but is that the first update since the satnav model came out?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does anyone know if the later versions of the car have improvements to these seemingly 'design' faults? There's been quite a bit of chat about the MY2010 version, but is that the first update since the satnav model came out?
if it is a design fault then really does need to be sorted, the courtesy car i got, the 370Z, the sat nav in that worked fine and very quick, although the sat nav ladies voice was dodgy. I and the 370Z, talk about un rewarding car, the sound the acceleration, everything is so unrewarding, and not just in comparison to the GTr, just in general, looked nice but ended there.(sorry bit of topic, but expereienced the 370z down to the dodgy sat nav!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speed Camera Warning Problem GTR

Hi I got my GTR from GTR Tunbridge Wells. I first dealt with Phil Charman, he managed to make so many mistake with my order and was arrogrant, lied about delivery dates, with held information, gave me no paperwork for my deposit. In the end I dealt with the manager as i refused to deal with Phil again.

RE; Sat Nav, i have a intermittent problem with the speed camera detector.. Although the Sat Nav visually picks the camera up the audio warning DOES NOT SOUND. I have informed Nissan Tunbridge Wells and Nissian Head Office who have said i am the first person to have complained about this problem. I know see after searching this forum i am not the first..

IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM PLEASE PHONE TOM WHITE @ NISSAN HEAD OFFICE ON 01923 899334 .... HE IS APPARENTLY EAGER TO HEAR FORM ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM..
If you have had this problem and managed to resolve i would be glad to hear from you..
Many Thanks
Dave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts