GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my sat nav or are all GT-R sat navs quite bad at giving the best route. I have set it to include motorways etc etc, and no matter what route I put in, it will always send me a crazy route.

Weymouth to Birmingham, easiest fastest way, Weymouth-Yeovil-Taunton on the m5 all the way to Birmingham. But the GT-R decides it wants to go Gloucester etc. I tested the tom-tom and it indeed gives the route for Taunton M5, will a update help, or still be just as annoying?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Is it just my sat nav or are all GT-R sat navs quite bad at giving the best route. I have set it to include motorways etc etc, and no matter what route I put in, it will always send me a crazy route.

Weymouth to Birmingham, easiest fastest way, Weymouth-Yeovil-Taunton on the m5 all the way to Birmingham. But the GT-R decides it wants to go Gloucester etc. I tested the tom-tom and it indeed gives the route for Taunton M5, will a update help, or still be just as annoying?
Do you use the multiple route mode? That gives you an overview so you can choose the best route?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

2012 update can't hurt.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Hi Dean.

Sure it's not set to shortest as a default? This does give a crazy route!

As said by others there is 3 options and the re-routing function works really well when traffic jams occur.

I'm pretty happy with mine now I've been though the options and set it up.

Have also updated the Nav to 2012 with discs kindly sent to me by Hondapilot and still have these somewhere if you need help.

Satan.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Gives me an overlay and usually presets:

Fastest route
Shortest route
Least motorway

Realistically though I only use my Sat Nav when I'm around 10 miles from destination or need to take a diversion as if I'm heading from say Cambridge to Manchester I know how to get there, it's just that specific destination in Manchester I need it for.

I can't fault the Sat Nav to be honest always found it spot on when I was using it on my Alpine tour doing 2,500 miles across Europe.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
To avoid traffic on the M25, the satnav sends me down the off-ramp, round the roundabout and back onto the motorway :D

However, in France it did tell me to cross a grass verge and turn left onto the main road as if the grass verge didnt exist.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find most car maker's sat navs useless and nearly always use google maps on my phone no matter what car I'm driving. Its a pity carmakers don't use the services of TomTom, garmin, etc to design the oem satnav systems

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
had some fun with mine in Spain recently!

Lots of roads only just been built!

Lots of scratching of heads to figure out if we were going the right way!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine got completely lost when I went into the new services on the M25. Took bloody ages to re-adjust itself as well. It seems to loose track of where you are quite often...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Dean.

Sure it's not set to shortest as a default? This does give a crazy route!

As said by others there is 3 options and the re-routing function works really well when traffic jams occur.

I'm pretty happy with mine now I've been though the options and set it up.

Have also updated the Nav to 2012 with discs kindly sent to me by Hondapilot and still have these somewhere if you need help.

Satan.
My 3 options are

Fastest route
Shortest route
Least motorway

and I have made sure it is selected as fastest route, just like I would on the Tom-Tom, motorways, big roads, none of this scenery balava.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts