GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
I had an original TomTom Go and now have a Road Angel Navigator.

TomTom Go is less expensive and a bit more user friendly.
Maps on mine were out of date but the units have much better maps of the uk.

R-A-N is very good, speed camera/blackspot updates are more current.
Not as bulky as TTG.

You can get maps of Europe for either unit.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Tom Tom 700 offers you western europe as standard with in its price.
R.A.N. the extra maps cost £199.

Value for money its got to be Tom Tom

But for sleek design and everything you can ask for its the Navigator.

You takes your pic :D

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
444 Posts
deef said:
Lads Im living in Ireland and am loking for a sat nav. Im looking for one that wil work in the uk also and europe to as were goin to Nurburing in May anyone any Ideas or even one to sell..... any help wood be great.

I usually find a mate in the passenger seat with a copy of the AA European Road Atlas does best :D The mate also has additional functions as well such as automatic opening of soft drink cans, hands-free location of bags of crisps & chocolate bars etc & if necessary additional warning of speed traps & the like... :p

The 'Ring is easy enough to get to.... E40 out of Calais & then right on the E42 & you're nearly there ! ;)

If you do want to go high-tech, the Tom Tom's probably the best. At least that doesnt start randomly uttering dodgy jokes & "trying" to sing... :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
732 Posts
if you visit england at all and fly keep an eye out for electrical stores within departure lounges...I bought my tom tom go 500 just before new year for wait for it £280 you dont pay the v.a.t...now thats what i call a bargin try and find the go 500 anywhere for that price...i dare ya :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
The French Connection

Does anyone know what the position is with using these in France?
I know that scamera detectors are illegal and confiscated with a hefty fine.
I have a Magellan Roadmate and am going over in April. I don't fancy trying to explain the difference between a dashtop mounted SatNav system and a speed camera warning device to the traffic cops in dodgy French. :rolleyes:

Vincenzo

·
R35 Section manager
10,776 Posts
I have the Road Angel Navigator and have had no trouble with it at all.
If you need advice on using it,the Road Angel team are always willing to help!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
skyline501 said:
Does anyone know what the position is with using these in France?
I know that scamera detectors are illegal and confiscated with a hefty fine.
I have a Magellan Roadmate and am going over in April. I don't fancy trying to explain the difference between a dashtop mounted SatNav system and a speed camera warning device to the traffic cops in dodgy French. :rolleyes:

Vincenzo
If its just sat nav then theres no problem.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have one!

Hi, i have a head unit.. Pioneer AVIC X1R... Cost me about £1500. It's got a motorised screen and loads of goodies like Vehicle Dynamics (returns Speed, G's and allsorts of stuff). Well worth the money but i rarely use mine for Sat Nav.

Be carefull though, some dodgy's are selling some that are Region 1 and don't have a uk disk.

If you want to buy mine, then make me a realistic offer. Wasn't thinking of selling it but like i said.. i don't use the nav part.

cheers
bazza

·
Registered
303 Posts

deef said:
Lads Im living in Ireland and am loking for a sat nav. Im looking for one that wil work in the uk also and europe to as were goin to Nurburing in May anyone any Ideas or even one to sell..... any help wood be great.
dont you sell these in your shop or have a contact? whoever fits your alarms for your customers will sell sat nav also, so why bother coming onto the gtr board to find out when all you'll get is the name of a place in england that sells them. not the brightest are we?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts