GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have been asking about how the Satnav data will be updated for both road info and for camera info.

I spoke to Nissan UK/EU yesterday about this yesterday.

The situation is that Nissan are supplied the data by an external company (NavTeq) on discs and will therefore offer periodic updates in the form of new discs to be purchased by the owners. This is likely to be annually and is exactly how most other manufacturers deal with Satnav data/discs. No costs have been confirmed as yet, since clearly it's too early for people to require updates to their satnav data. For reference I updated my disc for a BMW this week and the cost was £140, so I would imagine that Nissans cost will be in a similar ballpark.

To be clear though, there is no way to update the information on a more periodic basis. The camera information is therefore not updatable by download in the way a TomTom/RoadAngel is, nor is there any intention to make it so. It is simply a bonus feature on the satnav, so is not specified in the same way as products designed/promoted specifically based on the camera info.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the info Guy. As soon as it comes out, could we all put £5 in a pot and get someone to buy it and copy it? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts