GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it is down to the process of entering the DVD key & unit ID into the program. Hopefully we will get there in the end as it feels like we are so close its painful.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok, I thought I would be a guinea pig with the '2017 Head Unit Software' update.

I burned the iso to disc went out to the car and put the disc in. It flashed up that the disc was unreadable for a split second and then took me to this screen.
IMG_2620.JPG by Craig Bissett, on Flickr

I wasn't really 100% whether my current version (X3E12008) or the version on the disc (X3E52007) was newer? Mine had 2008 at the end and the disc 2007 so that had me suspicious. However, I updated it and saw several screens like this.
IMG_2622.JPG by Craig Bissett, on Flickr

It seemed to put the disc's software on with no problems - took about 5 minutes.
Updated screen shows that it definitely updated (or backdated :eek:).
IMG_2627.JPG by Craig Bissett, on Flickr

Anybody know what software version is newer? What the newest version is etc?

Not tried the Sat Nav set? Anyone had any luck? My maps are showing as 10-11 Map No.1

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've done the update as well & I would say the one we have installed is the newest version going by the last 5 numbers.
Yeah, I'd say so from what I can find on the web. Did you notice any differences - my system seems very much the same.

Have tried the Nav discs mate? Do you enter the key when you put the disc into the console or do you have to burn the code into the disc in some way?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Seems much the same to me but mine is a 2014 car so not too old anyway.

Yeah I've tried the nav discs - only burned disc 1 so far & you enter the key on screen. If you get the wrong code you can backup to cancel the update.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The bit that confused me was how the unit id fitted into the second number. The bit about padded with four byte was beyond me! All I did was substitute the first 10 numbers but the keys didn't work so obviously wasn't that.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
That would make more sense, because unit ID repeated 3 times gives 30, and add 2 for the 128 bits for md5. He's been quite vague on key parameters. Which is odd.

Divide by zero errors most of the time too. But the keys generated are the same regardless. No need for elevated command prompt either.
Seeming a bit fishy.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I've done some digging, and it seems you are asked for the unit ID when you order the sat nav update. Does this mean that each set of disks are specific to a satnav unit? If that's the case, we are barking up the wrong tree.

They want the vin too

·
Registered
35 Posts
I tried unit id repeated 3 times with 0000 & 00 at the end - it gave exactly the same keys so it only seems to look at 32 digits.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I can confirm that there is nothing unique about the installation disks. The activation code I received in the purchase confirmation for my order is working with the disks from the link.

Being that I supplied my unit ID and my VIN, I think the activation code must be calculated from those. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've convinced myself only the unit ID is relevant when it comes to generating the 16 character license code. I don't believe the Nav unit knows your chassis VIN number or the MD5 checksum of the first map DVD when it verifies the license code you enter. I don't believe it calculates the MD5 checksum of the DVD itself either. It would take far too long.

I reckon the Nav unit uses a simple inbuilt algorithm to correlate the unit ID (which it knows) with the license key issued by Nissan. We "just" need to know the algorithm :confused:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Could be right, however, most modules on the CAN bus have the VIN. And if they don't, they know which module to ask for it. If it is purely based on unit ID, it shouldn't be too difficult to work out, if we can get several unit ID's and activation codes. Or maybe just brute force it on one ;)

81 - 100 of 125 Posts