GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's one place that has become available on this course taking place next Saturday 5th April 2014 at Millbrook. Please post up, PM me or email [email protected] if you would like to join Honda_Pilot, _shaun_ & Pras. I will be offering the place on the other forums we work with.
--------------
Overview here:

Learn the secrets of over limit handling using your car and our Caterham 7.

A 5.5 hour experience for 4 owners covering the building blocks of vehicle control at grip limit.

A fast moving sideways experience. Designed to build on the skills learnt on the Performance and Cornering Masterclass club days or as an introduction to the techniques of over grip limit driving for the novice, our instructors will tailor the training to your level of experience.

Understand and practice the building blocks of over grip limit driving. It is not just nailing the accelerator and relying on instinct. A drift is the culmination of many core skills polarized into one extreme exercise. All explained and demonstrated by your instructor and practiced by you.

Enjoy the challenge of our very sideways Caterham, and experience the dynamic characteristics and capability of your own car as it realises its true potential at grip limit. Invaluable information for those owners wanting to maximise its potential and enjoyment of their car on track.

Your training session will include presentations on:
Understeer
Oversteer
Lift Off Oversteer
Roll Oversteer
Weight Transfer at Turn In
Tyre Grip Trade Off
Identifying Grip Limit
Breaking Traction

Your training will include an experience of a wetted as well as a dry surface on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron at the Millbrook Proving Ground.

There will also be a bottle of Champagne for the best Drifting God on the day.

Price £390 per person

Please note:
Caterham 7 Specific: Minimum/maximum height 5 ft 0/6 ft 4 Maximum weight of 18 stone

This is a much enjoyed course and as has been proved, it is possible to drift R35's.

Jo

1. Honda_Pilot - Paid in Full
2. _shaun_ - Paid in Full
3. Pras - Paid in Full

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great thanks for signing up Marcus! Looking forward to meeting you and the CATDT team!
You're welcome Shaun, glad the space was available and really look forward to the day and meeting you too. I don't have a GTR yet but looking into a MY13 or MY14 around summer time hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
You're welcome Shaun, glad the space was available and really look forward to the day and meeting you too. I don't have a GTR yet but looking into a MY13 or MY14 around summer time hopefully.
I thought these were GTR events? :confused:

What car are you planning to complete this training in Marcus?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Oh ok...

If you get any cancellation from this course - please let me know and I will step in.

:D
Mark (Buzby) couldn't make it in the end real shame as I know he was really looking forward to it!

The Caterham 7, then the option of using your own car at the end of the day is how it was explained to me today.
Yup, think most of the day/time is spent in the Caterham then at the end of the day you try to apply it in your own car:clap:

·
Vendor
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thoroughly enjoyed the day with you all and trust everyone now knows you're a Drifting God Shaun :runaway:

There's a new video up on our website here when you want to remember how you looked ;)

Pras I look forward to seeing you again in your Driver of the Day cap :clap:

Thanks again for a great day in your company.

Jo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts