GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
This is advertised to be capabile of 800crank ps. i dont belive it actually hits that target unless they are using a 20% friction loss figure (or more).

The text says 660∞ which might mean something more.

also they talk about the GR6, my guess is its the limitation of the trans system.

plus you have to factor in the problem of the limited boost the R35 can supply until its bypassed - do they bypass it? if not they are only supplying at most 23psi of boost. those who already have 23psi are running about 660whp, maybe even using race gas.

hennessey have shown a high horse power R35 but the trans couldnt handle it, hennessey still sells that kit too. lol. switzer designed a pretty advanced system that takes into account the trans and reduces anything that might hurt first gear. they have imporved cooling as part of the package and they just tuned for race gas at 740HP 715trq.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is advertised to be capabile of 800crank ps. i dont belive it actually hits that target unless they are using a 20% friction loss figure (or more).

The text says 660∞ which might mean something more.

also they talk about the GR6, my guess is its the limitation of the trans system.

plus you have to factor in the problem of the limited boost the R35 can supply until its bypassed - do they bypass it? if not they are only supplying at most 23psi of boost. those who already have 23psi are running about 660whp, maybe even using race gas.

hennessey have shown a high horse power R35 but the trans couldnt handle it, hennessey still sells that kit too. lol. switzer designed a pretty advanced system that takes into account the trans and reduces anything that might hurt first gear. they have imporved cooling as part of the package and they just tuned for race gas at 740HP 715trq.

yes agree with you. reality of the current situation is go with a Y-pipe/exhaust and accessPORT and be happy with 540-580(custom tune). Going over 600 is a very slippery slope. Things WILL break.. clutch, trans, diff, injectors, internals you name it needs to be uprated

·
Registered
9 Posts
They are Yokohama AVS model F15 in flat black :thumbsup:
thanks and also the specs is 9.5 +40 (Front) and 10.5 + 20 (rear) but there is another F10 & R15 does it imply spacers are used?

it would be great if you can advice the indicative prices for a set as well.

thanks

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
yes agree with you. reality of the current situation is go with a Y-pipe/exhaust and accessPORT and be happy with 540-580(custom tune). Going over 600 is a very slippery slope. Things WILL break.. clutch, trans, diff, injectors, internals you name it needs to be uprated
Ben

Appreciate that this is an honest opinion that isn't necessarily in your best interests to make.

I will be in touch soon as soon as i know when my Sept nav car is due.

David

·
6,821 Posts
By the way:

In that Option mag issue, is there not a small news flash about MCR having played around with mission upgrades??

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
MCR, Sunline, Saurus, top secret, yawata, (and more) they all have taken the trans appart and they are looking for fixes.

sunline has a new trans seal but customers are saying it doesnt work well (thats what im told). dodson motorsports however made a seal before them and it works perfect.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
thanks and also the specs is 9.5 +40 (Front) and 10.5 + 20 (rear) but there is another F10 & R15 does it imply spacers are used?

it would be great if you can advice the indicative prices for a set as well.

thanks
Yes, the front is using a 10mm spacer, and the rear 15mm spacer.
Pricing is about 110,000-125,000 JPY per wheel (20"), 80,000-100,000 JPy per wheel (19").

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
By the way:

In that Option mag issue, is there not a small news flash about MCR having played around with mission upgrades??
I think it did, MCR has just put their transmission back together last week with new oil seals. They made a comment about how in Japan perhaps Nissan is avoiding warranty claims, and internationally it is becoming a bit of a problem.
Here is a pic from MCR last week:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
would my dealer notice these mods, when it came to service time? :chuckle:

very impressive :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
would my dealer notice these mods, when it came to service time? :chuckle:
Of course they would Ed......

Cos they'd all be in your boot! :chuckle: