GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have taken part in Britain's Longest running Motorsport event for the last 12 Years.

I have just heard that it is under threat by Brighton and Hove Council who want to refuse permission and block the event taking place on the seafront.

Please help by signing the petition; either visit www.savebrightonspeedtrials.com
or go directly to the petition which is on the Brighton and Hove Council web site and sign it now: Brighton & Hove City Council - ePetition - Save the Brighton Speed Trials.

Don't delay; the council will be making a decision on 23 January 2014!

Many Thanks

Rich

·
R35 Section manager
10,926 Posts
All done.
Always wanted to go to this but I have always had weddings to photograph on the event dates.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Signed.

Is this down to Health and Safety crap?? :puke:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Well up for this if happens this year. Confused about license needed as I have a RAC national B which doesn't appear to be mentioned - only non race B or national A?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Non Race National B is required for the Handicap & Non Race National A for all other classes.

A Race National A would be fine and logically I feel that a Race National B should be OK, but you would have to check.

This all stems from a fatality in 2012, when a Lady riding sidecar was tragically killed after crossing the finish line.

Accidental death verdict in Brighton speed trial inquest (From The Argus)

The 2013 Speed trials were then cancelled as the inquest was only days before they were due to be held and there was concern that there would not be time to carry out any recommendations made.

I do not know what was recommended? Then today received an email that B&H Council were not going to support the 2014 Speed trials.

Thanks for the support so for, keep the signatures coming and pass onto anyone else who is interested.

Rich

·
Registered
754 Posts
Signed.
Respect the families wishes to continue the trials and ensuring the course is maintained to a suitable standard is the least the council can do.

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Signed

Been 4 times over the past 6 years !! Brilliant event (as all proper "old" car events are)

·
Registered
754 Posts
If you read the history of the event it has had its share of triumph and tragedies, why should it stop now; don't the British have the stomach for a bit of adventure any more?

Protegimus

1 - 20 of 23 Posts