GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone, again, having to repeat ourselves.

IF you post a wanted ad and someone relatively new PM's you and offers you parts, moving the conversation onto Whatsapp or similar BE WARY.

NEVER pay by Bank Transfer.
NEVER send Paypal as a Gift.
Never trust ANYONE who is about to leave the country, or is leaving parts with friends or any other **** and bull story.

It's such a common scam, executed at least twice in the past month by "different" users on here, with success.

Buyer beware, use common sense. And ABOVE ALL ELSE, Google the username, Google any Phone number, Google any names and Google any emails.

Google is your friend. If you have ANY concerns, PM me and I'll give a second opinion.

So, don't be stupid, you have been warned.

Admin

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a bump on this as I've noticed a few new accounts posting heavily which may be to hit the PM limit. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are suspicious of someone offering you parts.

Mike

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another tip, Reverse image search any pictures they send you, to see if they've just lifted them off the web.

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
again a bump for this. I have been PM'd today about a user offering parts via PM. Please if someone has sent you a message, tell me. If they are new to the forum, DO NOT TRUST THEM.

Google any phone number they give you, reverse image search any images they send you, google the email, google the username and most important of all TELL ME!"!!

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Furthermore, if you have been seeking a rare part and a newbie suddenly offers you one (especially "new") be VERY wary.

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do not send IN2TEAM or ‘peter Harlmond’ money

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
another bump on this. If you get a PM from someone saying "have you checked with xxxx in xxxxx - email [email protected] he's got one he's looking sell"

It's a scam.

Always PM me if you get a message like this as you will not be the only target

Mike

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still happening people. be vigilant. Feel free to message me if you have concerns

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
another one crushed today. Remember, BACS is a big give away. Most people have access to paypal and ALWAYS reverse search images

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
flurry of PM's in the past few days, now banned but please feel free to message me or report ANYthing you are suspicious of

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
another bump on this. If you get a PM from someone saying "have you checked with xxxx in xxxxx - email [email protected] he's got one he's looking sell"

It's a scam.

Always PM me if you get a message like this as you will not be the only target

Mike
I got this a few weeks ago. Decided to blank him.

·
Administrator
31,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doesn’t help me or others if you dont report it though. Please!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just had this! Would only take PayPal friends and family when it came to price and wouldn’t give me any contact details.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts