GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
31,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
In the last few days we've noticed a number of New users using Private messages to either solicit goods, or, this morning, to trick you into clicking a dodgy link.

So, if you received a message asking why a post was deleted, from anybody, do not click the link!..

I have now disabled PM's for new users until I can settle on a better solution.

You have been warned.

Mook

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Ah makes sense just tried to respond to PM's regarding car sale and they all said (as generally new users or those under 30 posts) they've disabled receiving PM's.

That said as per sale thread I've removed it from sale anyway

·
Administrator
31,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALSO, as I've have reports about the PM, IF you clicked the link and it said you were not logged in, and you "logged in" using the form it presented, you MUST delete your cookies and you MUST change your password.

Mook

·
Administrator
31,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I must re-iterate,

DO NOT PUT YOUR DETAILS INTO ANY LOGIN BOX THAT APPEARS AFTER CLICKING A LINK.

User accounts have been compromised so friends may send you a link. Hover over it to confirm it is a simple gtr.co.uk link otherwise report it.

If you click it will ask you to log in again and this is the Phish. Your account will then be compromised.

Please people, be alert and report EVERYTHING!!!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
ALSO, as I've have reports about the PM, IF you clicked the link and it said you were not logged in, and you "logged in" using the form it presented, you MUST delete your cookies and you MUST change your password.

Mook
When the log in screen appeared after I was already logged in I just contacted you.
Hopefully I am OK then.

·
Administrator
31,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Compromised accounts confirmed so far

M33UFO
Keith

Do not open ANY links from these two until I have secured their accounts.

If you click a link and see a box like this, look at the address bar. It is not GTR.co.uk

Attachments

·
Administrator
31,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:
IF in doubt PM me! If you are buying something that is a bargain, ask yourself why.

If the seller won't let you phone them, wonder why.

Don't send money to ANYONE without verifying thier identity.

If in doubt, PM me, I can check email addresses and IP addresses and give you advise.

We are through the looking glass here people!! Be alert.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts

·
Administrator
31,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just spoke to M33UFO and have re-instated his account.

I have messaged every user his account sent PM's to, warning them. If you get a strange PM from anyone I need to know immediately. Otherwise this shit will spread like a virus.

Mike

1 - 20 of 40 Posts