GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, first post up on the GT-R board, but currently still a regular on Scoobynet BBS. Sometime this year I will be changing up from the impreza to a Skyline (at last). :p
In the meantime I'd be grateful if you experienced owners could point me in the right direction for purchasing and insurance. Fingers crossed it'll be a silver R34 (unmodified). I have a budget in mind but out of interest what sort of money does an MY00 car sub 20k miles go for. Are there any deals around?Can you recommend an importer?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any information that gets posted up. I doubt I'll be posting too much until I have the car. S & M ain't my thing.

Now where did I park that under powered 4 door saloon. :D

sdg

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Sorry, this isn't going to be any useful info for you sdg, as i'm not a skyline owner and cannot answer your questons.

But....

I was wondering if it'd be useful to have a "buyers guide" type area on the board or elsewhere on the site. The GTI-R owners cliub website has a buyers guide that gives potential buyers an idea about the car, things to look for when buying (differences in the models would be good here), where to go / who can help, price guides, insurance companies (with sample quotes), etc.

This would mean you could point people to the relevant area of the site and they could find out a bit more and then ask additional questions, etc. once they've accessed this information.

I know if i was on the market for one i'd want to know as much as possible and recommendations as to whom to contact in a quest for a nice example.

Just a thought.
Daz

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hello sdj

There was a site 'GTROwners.co.uk' which is very helpfull .Not sure if it is still up though. i used to visit it alot for info before my purchase .

I'm sure nearer the time of your purchase if you post your queries up ,someone will answer . As to insurance ,there is a thread by that name which you'll find informative.

BTW. Wise choice on the colour . Makes a change from that common blue.:D .Are you going for the sonic silver or the athletes silver ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Cheers guys,

What a friendly bunch you are. :smokin:
The BBS seems to be filling up with "tommy tankers" these days. I may well be posting up here sooner than I thought.

Daz - excellent idea. Suppose it could be done quite easily as a cut and paste job from various importers/tuners/insurers sites with additional input from all the owners, pics of colours available, trackday info, mods added with their costs, insurance implications and benefits, running costs - mpg, etc, etc.

Glen - dead right, it won't be "standard" for long!!! ;) but what first and from who - I guess I'll have to do a bit of lurking!
Paul - ATHELETE I believe, as in your avatar pic - is that right?

Anyway, thanks for now and speak to you all soon.

Scottdg

edited to say "athelete" as per reply below

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Scottdg, Agree with you about scoobynet... Not on there much myself these days, but then I've sold my impreza now :( Unfortunately not got the replacement skyline yet, but mail me offline if you want details of someone who may be able to help on the skyline front :)

Cheers

Jon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts