GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off I would like to say thanks to the guys that battled the conditions (rain and wind) to come through to this meet!

Always nice to see and chat with fellow petrolheads and despite some problems...
1) the rain and wind
2) a landslide completely closing the road we had planned to drive on and changing our plans
3) me getting lost in a diversion

I would say it was a fairly successful and enjoyable day!

Suffice to say I've learned lessons in organising and planning, so keep your eyes peeled for the next one ;).

Thanks again to all who came and any pictures and or videos please share :)

William

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks again for organising this, William. It was good to meet everyone. Shame about the road, but I enjoyed what we did. I still managed to do a 256-miles round trip!

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good to put names to faces and cars. Sorry I could only go as far as the Erskine bridge. Hope you all got together eventually as by the time I left the first three in front and two behind had disappeared. Was it you Will that went left before the bridge?

Any pics?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian: No problem! New to organising meets so its all a learning curve for me, but they will keep getting better and better especially cause its a great group of guys! See you on Saturday!

Don: No problem! It was a good drive and even had a landslide stopping its progress! How many meets can claim that!

Dougie: No problem! Yeah that was me haha! My copilot told me left and I panicked and trusted him haha! But we caught up eventually! Yeah there are pictures (not many though) but I will get what I have up! The next meeting point will be in a bigger place though so we can park together and get pictures before we set off! I was surprised at how busy the car park was lol!

Again thanks to all for coming and I hope to see you at future meets!

William

1 - 5 of 5 Posts