GTR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I used Nobles once and they damaged my car and had to spray the wing o fix it, They fully admitted fault and repaired it.

But I still never went back

·
Registered
386 Posts
welcome to the forum alistair:)

i am based just outside glasgow also......having owned 5 gtrs over the last 10 years i have used nobles a few times for servicing and they have been great,no complaints from me!!!are you looking to purchase privately or from a dealership???if the latter i would recommend autotorque performance cars in aylesbury,Have dealt with tom and chris a few times when looking for a car and have sold to them also.All there cars are inspected carefully and they are very helpful in answering any questions you have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
welcome to the forum alistair:)

i am based just outside glasgow also......having owned 5 gtrs over the last 10 years i have used nobles a few times for servicing and they have been great,no complaints from me!!!are you looking to purchase privately or from a dealership???if the latter i would recommend autotorque performance cars in aylesbury,Have dealt with tom and chris a few times when looking for a car and have sold to them also.All there cars are inspected carefully and they are very helpful in answering any questions you have.

Thanks Shindy, preferred private sale as i believe they know more about the car than the stealers. Dont need finance and not fussed about a sketchy warranty they will provide. There is a couple on autotrader at the mo but they are miles away and i cant get the time off to go and see them as i go on holiday in 2wks. Spoke to a couple of dealers and they weren’t for budging on price which i thought a bit strange....

Will check out autotorque...never knew they sold cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Recognise autotorque now....AT performance cars. They had a blue one in about 2weeks ago that i was gonna go for....phoned up and it was sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
652 Posts
Speak to JM imports and acspeedtech to see if they know any cars for sale that they maintain. I'm sure there will be a few. Also Nobles will sell modified cars with warranty. I went for a test drive in a stage 2 and got totally hooked on GTR's. I had no intention buying one now on third one. Bought first one stage 2 from Nobles

·
Registered
596 Posts
Whats the consensus with regard to high number of owners cars? Again is it down to service history and condition? Do people seem to offload them b4 a big service is due? Scratch the itch then move on?
Fairly common to see cars with a lot of owners. If you're gonna keep it forever I don't see a problem, but it must have a detriment effect of resale.

5+ people who cared for it perfectly for a year at a time or 1 owner that ragged the hell out of it for 5 years...you'll never know.

Personally I'd look at condition as a marker, how it appears to have been cared for. Not rare for the histories to be a bit off.

Yes, some do get offloaded before a biggy. Always 100% find out what's due. Some come up for sale with work pending, not priced keenly enough and sit around, next thing it's well behind a service. Does happen.

As mentioned earlier, always enquire about the health check. It'll give you some warning what bills could be on the horizon.

Happy hunting :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts