GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Very sad news - some little scrote has taken a scourer or some wire wool to the side of dads skyline - and basically recked it. There are hundreds of scratches from the indicator on the front right the way to the back lights - yep, the whole length of the passengers side of the car has been ruined.

Can anyone recommend some VERY effective scratch "removal" solution ? I've got some Meguiars "scratch X" which dad is going to apply once the police have been to see the car, but having never used it, i'm not sure how good it's going to be.

If anyone has any thoughts, i'd love to hear them.

Cheers,
Daz

PS When we catch them, we're going to hang them by their nether regions and cut each limb off with a blunt razor blade

·
Registered
653 Posts
Colour magic is pretty good stuff & so is good old T Cut.
Similar thing happened to me about a week after i bought my car. Ny girlfriends 4 yr old decided it would be good fun to pick up a stone off the drive & draw big circles round & round & round on the passenger door & rear 1/4. Little git. I nearly cried but a bit of elbow grease,t cut & colour magic sorted it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
what a bunch of scrotes. Sorry to hear about that Daz (and Graham, obv...)

If you use t-cut make sure you get the metallic one cos the solid colour one might be a bit too abrasive.

Pad

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest, some of the scratches are so deep i don't think they'll polish out - i think it'll need a complete respray down the side of the car.

I'm so p1ssed off at the moment it's untrue. We've had SO much trouble over the past 4 years from a neighbour we do not get on with (to say the least). My sisters car has been vandalised several times - culminating in a break in on her car just before Christmas.

An on-going battle.....

Daz

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Daz,

I managed to scuff my mercedes a while back, and spent ages with t-cut and other things trying to get rid of the lighter stuff. (its silver)

Anyway went and saw my mate who owns a sprayshop and he looked at it, doubed some green rubbing compound stuff on it and gave it ten minutes work and all bar the deepest scratches through to the base primer were removed and it looked about 90% better, and Im a right fussy bast4rd, so try going down that route if you know any good bodyshops.

Hope that helps,

James................:smokin:

PS As with regards to the neighbours, get a small colour cctv camera ( about 50-100 quid and about the size of a pack of polos ) and disguise it on your upstairs window sill, so they wont see it - obviously a handycam is too easy to spot - use a phono lead to scart adapter, like found on an x-box, and use a four hour tape on long play to get some footage, obviously need to leave a good light source on at night.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers James....we know a guy who runs a bodyshop so if Scratch X doesn't work, i'm sure dad will contact him.

Regarding CCTV...it's already in place mate...and has been for a long time now. Unfortunately, tape had run out...so it happened in-between the tapes being changed over. DOH !

Daz

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sorry Daz

There's always some little ****** out there that can't take pride in someone elses car. Wether it's keying the car or the tossers in the carpark who slam there door into your car. Some people don't have a clue or think this will **** him off....

It's not great and i to would hang the wankers!!!!!

T-cut works very well and most good body shops know a few tricks. Good luck.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Daz, like all above...gutted for you......its the feeling that some A*se-Wipe has deliberately wronged you, its so personally offensive you just want to hack off their (pathetically small empty) heads, trample it into mush whilst Cr***ing down their windpipes!!!
Anyway,
I think you'll find the Scratch-X will only effectively remove swirl marks (it does this brilliantly but is limited to depth). I'm no expert Daz but I'd be VERY careful of T-Cut......just too damn abrasive.....developed years ago for paint of the 60's & 70's.
The guy who lives opposite me used to prepare,spray and finnish Rolls Royces at the Park Royal coach builders. He swears by the 3M range of Imperial Hand Glaze preparations. Don't know what they're like but you can get them from Partco
Good luck, no prizes for guessing what you two will be doing over the Easter break
Regards
wroestar :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Daz really sorry to here about the problems with your neighbours, I have been there (for over 7 years) and had paint stripper poured over 2 of our cars as wells a being broken into. By the sound of the scratches you my be better off just going to a local body shop and getting them to do a "touch up job", I am sure there will be someone on here who can recommend a good one in your area, and just remember that paint can be touched up and dents can be fixed but nothing will wipe that smile off your face every time you drive a skyline :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys, thanks for all of your kind words.

Dad has just applied Scratch X and it has done an INCREDIBLE job....with a wax over the top it'll look un-noticeable.

What a great product - lucky i bought some a while back !!

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, mines been scratched now. Not as badly as dads, but enough for me to be FUMING. Called the police to report it....unfortunately i didn't go round my car yesterday so didn't know it was there....and used the same tape for the CCTV again last night....so went over it.

Can't explain how gutted i am.....topped off by the fact i'm in hospital in an hour - so didn't really need this.

Daz

·
Registered
344 Posts
I know it isnt right to fight back, but you really want to tear peoples heads off when they have this little respect for others possessions...

Hope you catch the b'stards soon Daz.

Pad

1 - 20 of 23 Posts