GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I was wondering what the best way of removing light scratches on the side skirts below the drivers door. I wasn't sure if polish or T-Cut might work?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an option, but I was hoping to just polish them out as they are very light scratches, but not sure what affect polish will have on the side skirts as they are plastic, but I assume painted.

·
Vendor
2,969 Posts
We can repair carbon side skirts

·
Registered
888 Posts
wrap them... Mine have been carbon wrapped from pretty much new. If the wrap is damaged, you just replace it.
Graham, quite like this idea mate!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its an option, but I was hoping to just polish them out as they are very light scratches, but not sure what affect polish will have on the side skirts as they are plastic, but I assume painted.
Ok so I managed to polish out some of the light scratches using rubbing compound and some polish. For the deeper scratches and chips I used this scratch touch up paint kit Car Touch Up Paint - 100% colour match guaranteed! with colour code KAB. The skirts look pretty damn good now. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello

I know I'm raking up an old thread here but with the option of wrapping the side skirts, does anyone know if there is a wrap colour similar to the original colour of the side skirts?

I don't want to wrap the front splitter (feel like it might be beyond my skill level) but am wondering if carbon sides and grey front splitter would look odd.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts