GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just at bathwick tyres getting a screw removed from my 4 week old MPSS :-( Repairable at least but they dont have nitrogen so i will soon have 3 with nitrogen and 1 with normal air.. im guessing i need to pop somewhere that has notrogen pretty soon.. could have been worse though.

top guys at bathwick poole though :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You won't notice any difference with Nitrogen / Air in any normal driving circumstances imo

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I agree, no difference, not any that us mere mortals would notice. I'm in same boat as you, got a puncture a few weeks back and I have a mix too

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool beans shall leave it be then :) although need to let a little air out as i have a pressure missmatch

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
cool beans shall leave it be then :) although need to let a little air out as i have a pressure missmatch
Nope air is free and does the same job LOL

See, that's what you can do with air, put it in and out when you need it !

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was once told that air eventually escapes through the rubber but nitrogen does not....something to do with density.

Was he talking from his underside?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I was once told that air eventually escapes through the rubber but nitrogen does not....something to do with density.

Was he talking from his underside?
No, he was talking from his backside !!!

The only advantage of Nitrogen is that it is supposed to be more stable and tyre pressures stay the same in all conditions rather than fluctuate with temperature (which air does)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I really need to stop believing stuff I'm being told when someone's trying to sell me something.

Having said that...."Nitrogen" sounds much cooler than "air"

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
There is Nitrogen in air !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts