GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to post this as i feel just discusted about it

i'm a man utd supporter for my sins and if anyone watched the liverpool vs man utd game last week end you will know what i'm on about but for those that didnt i know there is banter between football clubs but this went well beyond that!!

there was coin being thrown at the player from the liverpool fans, burgers, other crap, they would not give the ball back and worse they were throwing the ball away from the players which some of the above is kinda funny in a way but the thing that pi55ed me off is there was a serious injury to a man uts player Alan Smith who basically had his leg destroyed, bone sticking out and everything and not only were the liverpool fans chanting about it as he was being stretchered off taking the pi55 out of him it turns out that more liverpool fans outside tried to stop the ambulance taking him to hospital!!!!

Just no need and well out of order

Rant over

Mike

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
thats why i play rugby and enjoy going to rugby games, none of that bulls*it, just 2 teams enjoy a good game!

even when we get into fights on the pitch (which does happen quite a lot) we always have a drink at the pub after and all is forgotten!

The thing i find funny the most is the amount of abuse the ref gets in football, all the players round him threatening him and taunting him. if that happened in rugby you would be sent off, even if you swear at the ref you can get sin binned!

its a family game and when you think the amount of kids at these matches, its disgusting!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lets just all hope this is not a return to the troubled days seen in the 70's & 80's on the terraces.
Unfortunatly there is a total disrespect for law and order as well as people in areas of our society!
Probably all due to do gooders who belive they are helping people by giving these hooligans a second chance or a hoilday!

·
Registered
564 Posts
kirbz said:
Had to post this as i feel just discusted about it

i'm a man utd supporter for my sins and if anyone watched the liverpool vs man utd game last week end you will know what i'm on about but for those that didnt i know there is banter between football clubs but this went well beyond that!!

there was coin being thrown at the player from the liverpool fans, burgers, other crap, they would not give the ball back and worse they were throwing the ball away from the players which some of the above is kinda funny in a way but the thing that pi55ed me off is there was a serious injury to a man uts player Alan Smith who basically had his leg destroyed, bone sticking out and everything and not only were the liverpool fans chanting about it as he was being stretchered off taking the pi55 out of him it turns out that more liverpool fans outside tried to stop the ambulance taking him to hospital!!!!

Just no need and well out of order

Rant over

Mike
Totally agree, bunch of ******* *******!
But on the flip side, you've got to say fair play to liverpool physio's and players that came to help when they saw what was going on and the liverpool fans that clapped him off the pitch in respect of his shocking injury ( and i bloody hate liverpool FC ;) )

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally agree, bunch of ******* *******!
But on the flip side, you've got to say fair play to liverpool physio's and players that came to help when they saw what was going on and the liverpool fans that clapped him off the pitch in respect of his shocking injury ( and i bloody hate liverpool FC ;) )
ah yeh but there pro's and appreciate how bad it was and i would hope it would happen if it was at old trafford and i'm sure it would but to take it as far as some of the Liverpool supporters did was far beyond out of order and i hope Liverpool FC take steps via CCTV and ban them for life

you know what the worse bit about this is?? if it happened the other way round you would still be hearing about this from the scousers for years to come!!! never met a people who are so hard done by and so badly treated and i'm married to one :p

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I watched it (I'm a liverpool fan).

I think INITIALLY Liverpool fans were taking the mick by chanting a Riise song because it looked such an innocuous injury (i.e. initially it just looked like he'd been hurt from the force behind the freekick ... but not seriously). Then, as soon as it was obvious that it was serious 99.9% of the crowd shut up ... and subsequently gave Alan Smith a standing ovation as he was taken from the pitch. Liverpool fans know all about that kind of injury after what happened to Cisse the season before.

Admittedly there were some idiots still chanting, but you get those at EVERY club (and I think it's quite pathetic).

Neville was not the only person having things thrown at him ... Gerrard suffered the same at the Man Utd fans end. I don't like to see it, but it seems to be becoming more common (remember Jamie Carragher having a coin thrown at him a season or two ago ?)

As for what happened to Smith while in the ambulance - I think it's an absolute disgrace. These people are not football fans, they are mindless thugs. I hope the club finds out who they are and ensure that they are never allowed into Anfield again.

From what i've heard on Skysports, Smith has had visits and get well wishes from a LOT of people associated with Liverpool FC and their fans - and on the whole I think the rivalry is forgotten when an injury is so serious.

·
Registered
728 Posts
People who were at the match saw a different view on things. The riise song was only sung in one area and couldnt be heard else where, but the tv microphones picked it up. The man u fans were in the lower anfield rd end with liverpool fans in the upper tier. The mancs were throwing bottles and coins up the liverpool fans and some of them were actually fighting with the police. As for the ambulance incident, that is a total **** take and it wouldnt be true fans that were involved and im sure if they are found out liverpool fc will deal with them.
I have to say though, a lot of this is down to Gary Neville's goal celebrations, he definately provoked something by celebrating that way in the last match.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ADAM M said:
People who were at the match saw a different view on things. The riise song was only sung in one area and couldnt be heard else where, but the tv microphones picked it up. The man u fans were in the lower anfield rd end with liverpool fans in the upper tier. The mancs were throwing bottles and coins up the liverpool fans and some of them were actually fighting with the police. As for the ambulance incident, that is a total **** take and it wouldnt be true fans that were involved and im sure if they are found out liverpool fc will deal with them.
I have to say though, a lot of this is down to Gary Neville's goal celebrations, he definately provoked something by celebrating that way in the last match.
TBH mate its not going to be passers by attacking an ambulance?? it was obviously people who knew a man u player was in there so make of that what you will but i agree Liverpool FC need to deal with these people and ban them, end of

Also yes nevelle didnt help matter by celebrating but lets face it he kissed his shirt as the liverpool fans, it goes on most weeks but he was made an example off and in his position rightly so and was punished but was still no excuse for what happened.

Nice to see a few liverpool supporters come on and say its out of order as well :) who says the beautful game is dead ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
ADAM M said:
I don't think you can hold gary neville responsible for the Liverpool fans rediculous display on saturday. I know for a fact that the riise song was sung by a lot more than just one area and that they carried on singing it. United fans were getting coined and spat at all through the game with the stewards doing frigg all to control it. Some fans evens got cups of excrement thrown at them. But I guess it's just another terrible display by some stupid, empty head fans and you wouldn't expect anything else. And guess wot? there wont be an enquiry into it but if the boot was on the other foot I bet Man U would have the book thrown at them. And is it a coincedence that the head of the F.A. is a Liverpool fan?? I think not.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I am a Liverpool fan, and totally condone the actions of these morons, but having been to games myself, know that there is bad on both sides and they egg each other on, and its usually an innocent by-stander that gets hurt, even my kids and myself (a woman btw) have been spat on by rival fans.
Most clubs do their best to keep out these fans, but you can never get rid of all of them.
Liza

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nismo400R said:
I don't think you can hold gary neville responsible for the Liverpool fans rediculous display on saturday. I know for a fact that the riise song was sung by a lot more than just one area and that they carried on singing it. United fans were getting coined and spat at all through the game with the stewards doing frigg all to control it. Some fans evens got cups of excrement thrown at them. But I guess it's just another terrible display by some stupid, empty head fans and you wouldn't expect anything else. And guess wot? there wont be an enquiry into it but if the boot was on the other foot I bet Man U would have the book thrown at them. And is it a coincedence that the head of the F.A. is a Liverpool fan?? I think not.
Im not blaming gary neville, just saying his actions contributed greatly to the hostility. The same thing goes on at manchester when we plat there. Last year a nicely dressed bloke came up to my mate outside the ground after the match and politely asked the time. My mate replied and the guy shouted "got ere lads" 5-6 lads came running around the corner and filled my mate in because he had a scouse accent. The police did nothing at all as they seen the lads running off. So sorry for my negativity towards man u fans.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
You only have to look at the example set on the pitch to see that this type of behaviour is always going to be there. It's really quite disappointing but until the on pitch violence and dissent is addressed it will remain. Sadly.

·
Registered
770 Posts
oh pleeeeeease :D

The ambulance incident aside .... which i agree is completely out of order but as for the rest of your post .. you can't come on here and crying about "things being thrown at our players" and "liverpool fans not giving the ball back" ..

I've been to Old Trafford and had bottles of urine thrown over us .. i've been to Old Trafford and bricks thrown at us, Coins thrown at us, i've been to old trafford whilst they sing songs about Hillsborough .. so don't come on here spoutin off about how the innocent Man Utd fans/players got treated on Saturday and calling us and therefore ME .. Scum.

So Poor little Gary got a burger thrown at him and a few songs sung about him .. why does that happen ? .. because he ran across the pitch a few weeks back and celebrated your goal right in front of us .. but why does he do that ? ... because we sing songs about him .. but why do we sing songs about him ?.... because years ago he came out and said how much he dislikes Liverpool (not the football club .. the CITY) ... and why did he say that ? .. because of the intense rivalry between Manchester and Liverpool ... a rivalry that has been there for hundreds of years ...

Football is just a modern day stage where that rivalry between the two cities is most apparent.

After all arent the words to your Gary Neville song something along the lines of ..

"Gary Neville is a Red, Is a Red, Is A Red, Is A Red, Gary Neville Is A Red ... He Hates Scousers" :D

Steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can anyone remember the last time an object was thrown at a player at old trafford against liverpool?? It just seems to me that SOME liverpool fans can't restrain themselves.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts