GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these on track days used one on a performance day and was great but no idea make etc ???

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Don't rate the cg locks personally
have you driven on track with one jason ?

personally i run full harnesses but have used these many years ago

the fact that you can pull yourself in nice and tight on the lap belt i think allows you to get on with driving more and trying to hold yourself in position less

my own thoughts are they're not and never will be harnesses but do offer a better feeling / support than just a belt

·
Registered
253 Posts
Or just lock your standard inertia belt by giving it a quick tug before you click it shut.

Gives upper body support and is free of charge.

But then people like adding gadgets...

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
have you driven on track with one jason ?

personally i run full harnesses but have used these many years ago

the fact that you can pull yourself in nice and tight on the lap belt i think allows you to get on with driving more and trying to hold yourself in position less

my own thoughts are they're not and never will be harnesses but do offer a better feeling / support than just a belt
For a couple of trackdays in my evo yeh I ha a wee lone o one. 1 day in the dry and the next in the wet. I thought it was goo in the wet, extra feeling through yer bum. But in the dry I didn't like it as much

You can't beat a 4 point harness.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can you install one and not use it for normal driving without it banging around all over the place?
It stays in place for normal driving as that's the way it's fitted, BUT all you have to do is adjust it slightly depending on how fat you feel. It's easily done with the same hand as you plug it into the socket.

Mine only flaps around when I get out of the car because the belt doesn't fully retract with the CG lock fitted.

Personally think it's good value for money and it really connects your ar5e to the car.

Oh and make sure you tell someone else driving your car how it works so they don't try and rip it away from it's mounting position and you have to re-fit it all over again :mad:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I keep having problems with the small springs in them....on my 3rd and its just gone again. Getting a bit frustrating and might aim for some harnesses if i can get some that bolt straight in.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
For a couple of trackdays in my evo yeh I ha a wee lone o one. 1 day in the dry and the next in the wet. I thought it was goo in the wet, extra feeling through yer bum. But in the dry I didn't like it as much

You can't beat a 4 point harness.
Jason what harnesses are you running? Do they bolt straight in?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Used mine every day for 4 years. All you have to do when you release the belt is hold down the small lever on the side and let the webbing slip through the lock.

Personally I've grown to really like the sense of security the CG lock gives me when driving hard. Couldn't be arsed with a harness. Too much faff.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had 2 cg locks a couple of years ago.
Both broke after a few weeks.
They were in the warranty period so I returned them for a replacement and kept getting fobbed off with half arsed excuses, such as waiting for new stock. I was constantly being promised next week. I just gave up in the end.
While they worked they were a great idea, but if you have a Problem with them, forget it , the customer service is crap.
Neil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts