GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
My girlfriend tried to make some the other weekend after finding an old Chinese cook book & its not seaweed !!!

I believe its just thinly sliced (as its known) greens with some sugar apparently ...

:D :D :D :D

( Some fish herbs are also sometimes served with it which is the brown powder !!! )

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It's actualy best made with pickled cabbage:)

·
Registered
743 Posts
jimfortune said:
It's actualy best made with pickled cabbage:)

Quaint northern custom then :confused: :D

Mind you, when I vist the grandparents in Stroke-on-Trent food from the local Chinese takeaway always tastes better than down here :(

Not fair ...

·
Registered
743 Posts
:D PMSL :D

Well if you ever visit the takeaway's down here, especially round the big smoke, they don't say your always within ten meters of a rat for nothing

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
PMSL

They just dont let them rats marinade as long as the cats do up North:D

Hope Calendergirl isn't reading this thread:eek:

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
It's pak choi cabbage with sugar on top.

However Japanese nori sheets that they make those little sushi/sashimi rolls out of are in fact seaweed.

·
Registered
663 Posts
its cabbage cut real fine, then boiled, then raised and squeeze all the water out the cabbage then fried with very hot oil for about 30sec then put a bit of salt and a bit of MSG and A load of Sugar. :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
leon said:
its cabbage cut real fine, then boiled, then raised and squeeze all the water out the cabbage then fried with very hot oil for about 30sec then put a bit of salt and a bit of MSG and A load of Sugar. :D

So where does northern cat or southern rat come into it then :confused: :D

Northen cat, southern rat ... sounds like one of those old Jackie Chan movies !!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
stu0x said:
It's pak choi cabbage with sugar on top.

However Japanese nori sheets that they make those little sushi/sashimi rolls out of are in fact seaweed.
Cheers stu0x... was gonna say... Surely I hadn't been eating cabbage for 8 years, thinking it was seaweed, lol! :D :D

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Why did the beach laugh?
Because the sea wee'd

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts