GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just went to go out and battery flat, I was messing around with stereo controls etc with engine off for a while so don't know if that finished off but from searching on here would suggest trickle to 12 v will not work with ign on ? If I decided to put it on my charger do I have to disconnect battery?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know if I have to disconnect leads before putting on a trickle bit paranoid because of all the electrics on these ! Seems a small battery for a biggish engine.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
you dont have to disconnect the battery to trickle charge,
And as youve seen the battery is the same size as a Micra so doors open playing with the ice will kill the batteery enough not to start,

Never jump start the car with a jump box.. thats playing with fire,

Goldie

·
Registered
136 Posts
Its OK to connect trickle charger with leads still connected to battery. Just make sure charger is Off before connecting and removing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it's the original battery from new apparently so will just get a new one ordered to be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Well it's the original battery from new apparently so will just get a new one ordered to be on the safe side.
Mine gave out after two years. Buy a decent battery!
And a CTEK charger, well worth the £50 or so as it'll last for ages.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry didn't mean original Nissan one will prob try and get the Bosch one as it will get used most days and garaged overnight so will stick a trickle for any extended periods, still trying to fathom which bosch one I need as i was going to use euro parts but apparently someone on here said the one listed on their site is incorrect.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Check the current draw on the battery when the car is turned off. If it's pulling s current, it will be your audio unit. Pull your main audio fuse from the engine bay fusebox and check the draw again. But odds are that's what the problem is if it's not the battery.

·
Vendor
1,709 Posts
OEM Battery is rubbish and both my GTR's had problems at around 3 yrs old, even though they are both 10 plate "better battery" models. The 11 plate had larger capacity still but capacity isn't the problem, its how long they last. Easy swap to a larger battery and better quality for about £60.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts