GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Im selling R32 GTR at the moment which is on ebay.

I had a call today and about 5 text message from the same guy. He rang me up to ask how much I wanted for my car. Then he kept texting me stupid prices like £2000, then £3000 then £4000... :mad:
Two hours late he rang me up saying, 1993 R32 GTR's can be now had for £3500 to £4500, and R33 GTR's can be had from £7000 to £9000!
Ready SVA'd from some auction house in liverpool

Told him to buy it from there and stop texting me every hour to tell me how cheap he can get them for!

some people.... honestly.....

Anyway, I have been thinking and would like to get a R33 GTR for that price. Is there any truth in this... I dont think there is but a R33 GTR for £9,000!!!

Me want.... :D

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
You may get one but it will probably be a complete duffer. Importers seem to be bringing them in for between 11 - 13k
Why not just spend some extra money on your 32.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I thought too, but the R33 has always been my dream car... until I can afford the R34 that is :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Why not sell a few of your other motors to fund a decent 33;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ive seen a R33 GTR for as low at 8,750 but for that amount of cash as everyoen says you get what you pay for :).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TREG said:
Or the 34,your after?:D
Have to sell them first... not easy at this time of year, and a convertible is nice thing to have of summer - all 5 days of it :D

Soon, hopefully I'll have either a blue R34 GTR or a Black Audi RS4 Estate BB5.

·
Registered
335 Posts
r33 gtr

sold mine for 8K, high miles and condition not too good, at the end of the day you get what you pay for, there's plenty out there, just take your time
Will

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Kochi said:
http://www.liverpoolportauctions.co.uk

well cheap.....
......but cheap for a reason. Find a mate in the trade and go along - its an eye opener for sure.
For a reason?
Yea, no huge profit from the middleman, they get bought there and then sold for 75%-100% profit.
I know of two thats been had from there recently, 1991s, both for around 4k, low miles, standard, pretty mint, and so on...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
There's no mystery - it's easy to see what they go for in the auctions in Japan.

If a decent R32 costs 1m Yen in Japan (1991, 45k km, Grade 4, went for 1.58m Yen/£7.8k yesterday), and the ropey ones go through the auctions for about 600k Yen (1991, 102k km unwarranted, Grade R, went for 570k Yen/£2.8k yesterday), there's little profit in getting that cheap Grade R car over here and selling it at £4k with shipping, duty, VAT added, running your auction house etc.

Things are usually cheap for a reason.

Phil

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I went thru all the pricing crap when looking for my R32 (as I always do for a new car) and to be honest after decades of doing this it always comes down to "you get what you pay for".

At that sort of money it will be a right bag of sh*te but maybe only a trained eye or mechanic will be able to tell so some poor idiot ends up buying it thinking it's sugar when really it's sh*t and then wonders why it won't drive right and has cost him £6000 to fix over the next year.

·
Registered
121 Posts
you always get them pricks

a while back when i was selling my LM GTR had the same thing, guy rings
is it over 600bhp?
i said nope
advert clearly says and picture shows Champion Blue
he asks is it blue?
will you take 14k for it?

i told him to go to sleep.

rings back 2days later
'yo mate still got the skyliner, i've seen a blue one for 8grand

then he went on to say he can import it himself

he just wasnt worth speaking to
he must have seen a blue r32
and was comparing that to a LM LTD R33 *98 Units

and i received a call on thursday re my saurus r32gtr 650bhp
some prick saying ive seen one with more BHP for 7grand
and i told him to buy that
then later he called again-same number saying hes from london

these type of people are soo lame

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which is why I feel honesty is the best policy!
I culd easily have cleaned up the Rad and sold the car as seen, and some poor smhuck would have to suffer from it!

Oh well! as previously said, some one will get a bargain as the car has been well looked after!

Thanks for the re-assuring comments guys!

skyline69_uk said:
At that sort of money it will be a right bag of sh*te but maybe only a trained eye or mechanic will be able to tell so some poor idiot ends up buying it thinking it's sugar when really it's sh*t and then wonders why it won't drive right and has cost him £6000 to fix over the next year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts