GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So folks looks like I'm trading the car in so looking for advice on how I should get the car back to standard etc
I've a load of Carbon and stage 4 parts to be removed along with the Cobb unit
Should I remove the exhaust, down pipes, air intake, injectors first and then use the Cobb to get the settings back to standard. In addition should I do something to the Cobb unit so it can be sold?
For anyone interested I've purchased a q7 with the gtr replacement coming in March 14. I've went back to v8 option and ordered a new vxr8 gts with the camero engine and supercharger
I had a Bathurst s before the gtr and to be honest I've loved the gtr but never had the chance to use it to its full potential so going back to the v8 rumble should keep me happy for a while

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I'd take off the carbon etc and leave the rest.....add a bit to the price and see what happens and if its not selling then either remove them then and sell on or advise in the add the car can be sold for X with the parts and Y without.

What carbon parts you got:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys
I'll get a list up soon but really need to know about what order things should happen Ie parts off first then Cobb or Cobb first then bits off
Think I will ask Ben

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Sounds like a logical de-mod plan, are you able to do it all in one go? and ask the tuner to take the cobb off at the end too (restoring the oem/stock ecu map? As you can sell that on once its been de-registered with the car etc.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Guys
I'll get a list up soon but really need to know about what order things should happen Ie parts off first then Cobb or Cobb first then bits off
Think I will ask Ben

Cheers
Take the parts off first and then just flash back the oem map (map will only take a few mins max)...once the OEM map is back on you just uninstall the cobb and job done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts