GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been done to death, but my car is currently on auto trader. Im looking at either a V10 R8, and 06 F430 F1, or............ a 13 plate GTR

The R8 V10 is winning, but I know Ill miss the GTR. What should I do.

If youve gone from a CBA to a DBA or V10, F430 etc.....Let me know what you think

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just a question Flynn but what would you really gain going from your 09 plate GTR to a 13 plate GTR considering the extra cash you would need to add to it?

Would the "gains" if there are any apart from it being newer be worth the extra cash you need to put in?

food for thought....

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I test Drove an r8 V10 in Bristol, and i was lucky i test drove it BEFORE i ever drove a GTR, because if it was other way round the R8 wouldve been a huge letdown, but because i had not been in a GTR before when i test drove the R8 it seemed fast and well handled.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Old school. ;) :chuckle:

New is boring.
Refined, easy to drive and a bit boring unless you are going nuts on track.

I went MY10 to MY11 and it was well worth the upgrade. But 18 months on I got a bit bored again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I test Drove an r8 V10 in Bristol, and i was lucky i test drove it BEFORE i ever drove a GTR, because if it was other way round the R8 wouldve been a huge letdown, but because i had not been in a GTR before when i test drove the R8 it seemed fast and well handled.
They're also twice the price.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
They're also twice the price.
Certainly are, we are talking a 4-5 months ago now, when i first decided im going to buy such a car. Audi let me test drive just producing my license, however Nissan on the other hand, Westover in Bmouth to be exact didnt even want to talk to me, as im assuming how young i looked, and thinking i was just a Dreamer wanting a a go.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Plus 2 seats was also a dealbreaker for me, as we have a 5 year old boy, and it was a fantastic experience (for the 2 days i had with it ;) ) driving down to the Italian Restuarant on Weymouth Seafront and taking them both in for a slap up meal, watching the people stroll on by and admire and take pics of the GTR :)

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive got a Evo VII RS coming in December that is going to be track prepared, so If I want to go quick, Ive got that. Will be quicker around a track than my 600hp GTR anyway. The MLR sprint series has proved that much.

Its not all about being the fastest thing on the road. Every group review I've seen of the V10 r8 compared with GTR, Turbo S etc... The R8 has always come out on top. They all cant be wrong cant they?

Also Ive got a Merc ML for the family bus, so Im not arse about it being a 2 seater.

I think Ill get the r8, and if Im bored Ill trade it for a new GTR

·
Registered
833 Posts
Gallardo over the fezza for me every time. And an R8 .....hmmm they are nice but for the money think id be gutted I didnt get something more exotic.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Good news on the EVO. :)

As for a road car, don't confuse fun and speed. Too many people do and they are not directly related.
I have more fun in the R32 because I have to work it to get the performance out of it.

That's probably what the reviews are looking at.
The R35 is an Epic car.
But it's not the most exciting or satisfying to drive.

I'll probably still have another in the future though. ;)

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gallardo over the fezza for me every time. And an R8 .....hmmm they are nice but for the money think id be gutted I didnt get something more exotic.
Haveing thought about it a bit more. Ferrari and Lambo are out. I like my beer and I couldnt leave either of them in town overnight If I fancied a scoop of two.

R8 or a DBA GTR... My budget would dictate a 2009-2010 V10 Coupe, or a 2012-2013 low mile GTR

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's probably what the reviews are looking at.
The R35 is an Epic car.
But it's not the most exciting or satisfying to drive.

I'll probably still have another in the future though. ;)
Exactly my point. The GT86 is a great car, but Its certainly not fast. Awesome reviews as well

I fancy a manual for a bit, and the noise from the V10 is awesome. Could stick a couple of turbos on it if Its too slow for me ;)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I'd take 12/18 months out. Play with something cheaper then look at a nearly new R35 Nismo.

I have a feeling it's going to be rather good indeed...

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd take 12/18 months out. Play with something cheaper then look at a nearly new R35 Nismo.

I have a feeling it's going to be rather good indeed...
Far too sensible. I have a felling the Nismo R35 will be a silly price, and If Ive got 100k to play with, Id be looking at the 991 GT3, or saving up a few more pennies for a mp4 12c

12/18 months time. all the cars will be gone. New house looms. The only reason Im looking for a new car, is a house build has just fallen though...plus Im 37 next week

·
Registered
833 Posts
I didn't think there'd be 30k difference. Some going for 80's now. Is the V10 the 5.2 only as they're not that far off.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts