GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suggest that GTROC members should be allowed to post in the for sale and wanted sections of the GTR Forum while having less than 50 posts.

The 2 sites may not be technically the same but they are clearly linked (use the same graphic and club membership is confirmed under peoples status).

The fee would be enough of a deterrent to prevent fraudulent use and the benefit would be a nice perk for new members.

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
Wow, is it so hard to make a contribution to where you want to flog your stuff?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a new member I do find making a worthwhile contribution difficult. I have little experience of GTR ownership and not much time for browsing the forum. Personally and by way of example I've been in here for about 8 months and made 27 posts that's just less than 1 per week which is not too shoddy.

It seems from these responses the 50 post count has more to do with rewarding contribution than preventing fraud (which is the reason given in the sticky). Maybe it would be enough to change the sticky to explain the real reason?

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
It's both really. Either way its not a difficult ask for a free advert is it?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Dont like the rules, there is this company...e-shop....e-trade...e-something...I hear you can list your stuff for free there and never have to post anything or contribute anything either...AMAZON...no thats not right...it will come to me.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
As a new member I do find making a worthwhile contribution difficult. I have little experience of GTR ownership and not much time for browsing the forum.
#Irony

But now you are making time to bump your post count so that you can sell!

No time to talk about the car but got time to complain about the forum rules and, by virtue of me replying to this nonsense thread, you'll respond again thus gaining another count towards your quest to hit 50 posts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#Irony

But now you are making time to bump your post count so that you can sell!

No time to talk about the car but got time to complain about the forum rules and, by virtue of me replying to this nonsense thread, you'll respond again thus gaining another count towards your quest to hit 50 posts.
Now I have something to contribute, yes.

It was a suggestion not a criticism. I think having a 50 post rule is fine for both reasons discussed. My point is, both reasons are not mentioned in the sticky, and reason given (preventing fraudulent activity) is overcome by having paid £45 into the club.

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
...which is unconnected to the forum, which is the point.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
RAW ... first of all read this :

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/228169-gtroc-gtr-register-f-qs.html

The forum & the club are not connected and after reading the link above it cannot be made any clearer.

Since the club was founded 11 years ago the two have always been separate entities but GTROC members use the forum as well as those just registered to this site.
A long history lesson aside - the gtr register was originally owned and created by a former "founding" GTROC member. It was then sold & said person left the GTROC years ago.

The register is the register. They have their rules which the club will not and cannot overturn.

The club is the club. We have rules which the register will not and cannot overturn.

Hope that helps and yes I personally used the forum before I became a GTROC Member as well :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
31,589 Posts
Why do you do that if it's unconnected? And why do the 2 sites use the same graphic?

They may be technicaly separate, but apear to wish to be considered as connected...
It's an affiliation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts