GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there mateys:wavey:

Just been wondering if we have anyone in this forum who sents engines to companies like MINES, TOP SECRET e.t.c, getting it built by them and sent back. Or if these companies have complete engines for sale. Do i have to contact them myself or do you have dealers in UK for these companies?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not contact Endless under the authorised traders section...
Because i'm mostly interested in MINES or TOP SECRET actually. I want to see if i can get in contact with any of these and then see other tuners too

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Endless like Mine's & Top Secret are part of the RH9 :D

I think this was discussed here a while ago and the only pbm is that with the engine it won't be tuned perfectly as you'd need the whole car for a perfect tune... or something similar :eek:
Try to run a search

·
Registered
208 Posts
Why not contact Endless under the authorised traders section...
Thats a good idé, ask me i know it. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/109306-rick-endless-r-amatuers.html Look at this link.

If i were you i would do everything in your country because you need to do
a live mapping if you want your car to be 110%. Then if you have any problems with the engine, you can fix the problem and you will understand what they say if youre do it in your country.

Mats

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a good idé, ask me i know it. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/109306-rick-endless-r-amatuers.html Look at this link.

If i were you i would do everything in your country because you need to do
a live mapping if you want your car to be 110%. Then if you have any problems with the engine, you can fix the problem and you will understand what they say if youre do it in your country.

Mats

Wow Mats really sorry for what happened to your car!! Damn...

·
Registered
411 Posts
expect to pay way over 15k for just the engine and at least another 5-10k for labor and supporting bits

why dont you get an r35 instead

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
expect to pay way over 15k for just the engine and at least another 5-10k for labor and supporting bits

why dont you get an r35 instead
don't want one. Did you asked someone about those prices? What company?

·
Registered
208 Posts
There you go... had to expect that from Mats & co again... :chuckle:
Again, there are two sides of a story... just run a search for the other side...
I flew over the Endless-r companie to Sweden and they could not fix the car.

Back to topic.

·
Administrator
31,750 Posts
why?

plenty of other tuners can do just as good a job over here, or in NZ

mook

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why?

plenty of other tuners can do just as good a job over here, or in NZ

mook

Guys due to a loan i made to my dad, i'm a bit short on the money to buy a car, but i believe in 5-6 months i will be able to buy a bnr34. It has been my dream since i was a day old:) And because i want a high spec gtr i either want to get a ready one(my options are very limited due to Cyprus laws that actually force you to buy from the E.U mostly-you cannot import a car of more than 5 years old, unless its' first registration is in a country within the E.U!!) or get a standard one and send it over to R.I.P.S or MINES or whatever to tune it! I don't have many options actually:(

·
Registered
411 Posts
don't want one. Did you asked someone about those prices? What company?
the price is on the mines japanese website (not english) and its listed for

1.89 million yen, or 14000 euro at the current rates.
Mine's COMPLETE EINGINE / RB26DETT

theres been 2 cars with a stage2 mines engine (600bhp) for sale over the past year or two, with one of them listed at 65000 and the other for 85000 euros.

i cant even imagine what the build cost.

whatever you do its not going to be cheap. you're spending 1-2k just by loading the car in a container alone. thats about the price of brand spanking new turbos:p or a set of pistons/rods/crank

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you dont need ideas, you need money, lots of them

and dont be pellofantasmenos haha
Maybe i'm a bit pellofantasmenos but it's for a good reason:) I'd rather get a tuned car with full set up, than spend twice as much getting it done bit by bit here in Cyprus my man...Believe me i went through this sh*t and i don't want do get through it again. Believe me i don't care a lot about the money spent on the car rather than getting a well tuned vehicle with a good set up and most important thing...drivability...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts