GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this? Its called a "sequen shifter" and its made by Ikeya Formula. It replaces the gear lever with a box of tricks that changes gear for you. All you have to do is either move the lever forward & backward ....much like a real sequential box. It retails at 150 000 yen

Interesting little gadget....and it has an english web page

http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/english/index.html

:)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Shifter

Watcha Dino

Yeah saw this early last year on the Takakaira site but they didn't do it for the 34. What do you think. Seen any cars with em on ?

glen

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Glen,

I've only seen it on an Evo 5. I really do wonder if it works well...
I believe they haven't developed one for 6 speed 'boxes yet, but as with most things I would personally like to try before I buy:)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
I too saw this some time ago in TakiaKira for the Scooby, and thought how nice this would be.

Like you Glen I'd rather try one before buying.

Looking at the pictures though, its alot higher mounting than I'd imagined.

I know the guts have to go somewhere, and this high lever maybe
great for racing, but every day driving could be a drag having too
reach half way up to you rear view mirror to shift.

Very clever the way it works though.;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sequential shifter

Hiya Folks,

I went to a car show/auction this morning in Hong Kong and I saw 4 Skylines that look almost identical to the R34 GT-R but they are labeled GT-T. All of these had auto boxes that allowed you to choose a Tip-Tronic option that allows you to shift on the steering wheel.

/Dan

·
Registered
547 Posts
Gt-t

Yup, they've had that option since launch. I think it's called M-Atx.

Personally I hate the idea of the sequential gizmo .. all it does is shift for you in a different way, it's big, heavy and ugly ... and you still have to press the clutch :(

my €0.02

·
Registered
84 Posts
I completely agree, the only fun with a triptronic that I have ever had was in a 360 Modena that I had for a few days. It blips the throttle automatically as you down change down for the perfect heel toe effect, it sounded fantastic on full boar coming down from 4 or 5th gear when you are hard on the brakes. Although I have been in HK for a month or so and I totally see why people have automatics here : (

/D

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
غعىعس

(Apologies for going completely off-topic) I hate to seem ignorant but I'd like to know as I can't read Arabic (is that Arabic?) - how do you pronounce your name?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts