GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you are probably aware i am advertising my R32 GTR for sale on this site.
I have had various chats with members and one rather disturbing e-mail from a user today basically saying that a guy on here sold an identical car through this site for £8500!!
Could anyone in the know please advise as to the value of the car and realistic price as this car is basically immac with 14,500 miles. I have the advert going in autotrader / topmarques tomorrow so would like to ammend the price accordingly as i simply must sell.
One of the members said that £13k was realistic for this example however the £8500 has rather shocked me.

Any help would be appreciated or even a buyer would be better appreciated,

Kindest regards,

Jason

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
As a prospective seller of my car I can talk about this from a totally unbiased viewpoint...not.

I feel that lately there have been several very cheap cars sold which has temporarily made the car buying public think that if you offer your car for it's worth, you are taking the pi$$.

If your car is in good condition and had good modifications and dyno sheets to back up horsepower claims and is in all an honest car then I see no reason why someone wouldn't pay 13k.

some people think they can get an r33 GTR for 13-14 K. ok you can but then you will have to spend a lot of money putting it right.

people don't see this side of the deal, they see one in their mates autotrader and presume that 13-14k is the going price for a mint R33.

use the other cars for sale as a guide. there will always be some cheaper but if you feel your car is really worth the extra then someone else will. As long as you are looking at the car objectively.

On going through the auto trader the other week, there were several dirt cheap 33's a lot around the 17-23K and several over that.

You just need patience. If the right person comes along you will sell your car and it all comes down to how long you can afford to wait.

only a certain type of person will buy a ready modded car. These people tend to know or have a fair idea about what they want. People who don't know too much will be scared of buying a modded car.

sorry to waffle on.
/Steve

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
One cheap car doesn't move the market - it looks like it's worth a lot more than £8,500.

Phil

P.S. Didn't see it in the new Top Marques just now - was it going into the "Extreme Power" section?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
R32

Hi jason, it also depends on if you want to get rid of it quickly or not, if you need a quick sale then a low price will attract more parties but if you are willing to hold out for what you think it worth then do so...

P.S. Did you get any more info..? I have not managed to yet
:D

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Topmarques / Autotrader

I have only found out that the car is in tomorrows edition, sorry to anyone who was looking for it today!!
This will also contain the most up to date pic with all the silly stickers removed and the privacy glass fitted etc.
Unfortunately, i still have not been able to get any more accurate info on the car as talks have broken down completely between vehicle supplier and myself plus right now, he is touring europe on the cannonball!!

Kindest regards,

Jason
PS I might try and contact Matchless crowd / omega myself to see what the score is.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Topmarques / Autotrader

Jason abz said:
I i still have not been able to get any more accurate info on the car as talks have broken down completely between vehicle supplier and myself plus right now, he is touring europe on the cannonball
On a personal level with *that* company you criptically refer to all I can say is been there got the tee-shirt :(

The basis of all selling is that the item for sale is worth only what someone is prepared to pay. Put it up for 13K and if you get it then it was worth that amount, but I would NEVER ever mention being desperate to sell, not even here, as someone will use it as a lever.

Be laid back and simply say to any prosective buyer that you are not bothered one way or the other if you sell it.

Good luck, and FWIW an immaculate R32 will fetch good money.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Just out of curiosity...

Have you got 320 koh or 340 kmph clocks in? As the mileage your stating is very low for a car of this age. My new one has 22k km's on the clock but they are 320 kph clocks and chances are it will have done more on standard clocks.

Also I thought that the Omega one that was being sold by Jap Village was not the one thats been described to me by other people that you have.

Luke

P.S. feel free to pm me with these details if you don't want them on the board.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Price sounds right:)
Mine was £8.5 k but I have spents loads getting it how I want it so if at the time of purchase I had got 13k available (which I did not) it would have been a reasonable price to pay for a mint R32 GTR. Mine is in good condition but a full respray would see it mint......and how much does that cost;)
Leave the ad as it is and wait patiently;)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It's true. When I bought my car (a '33 admittedly), i spent 3 months or so waiting for the right one. Yeah, it wasn't the cheapest, but i knew it was a good'un.

And I think that characterises the Skyline buyer. It's not like a mondeo; people who are buying one know about the car, and are aware of the worth of the car. You'll find your buyer at that price if the car is in good nick.

But, you'll have to be patient. If it take me 3 months to choose a car, it could well take you as long to sell it. Just stick to your guns, and don't discount it just for a quick sell.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Omega car / my car

Yes Luke, the original MCR car is indeed not my vehicle.
My vehicle arrived in Aberdeen with the standard engine/running gear etc. After being delivered / driven from London the car sat for around four hours . When we started it up i noticed a rather nasty knocking at around 1800 rpm. Mechanical advice given, basically the engine was shot. I have had various reasons from supplier as to why this happened ie i over revved it?!?!?!Starting it up??? As you know a skyline does rev to 18000rpm on start up!!ha ha!! Anyway, the garage very kindly repaired the car by fitting all the engine and running gear from the MCR car you are talking about. I have since tried to reject the vehicle as the track/mcr running gear makes the car very heavy to turn/park/drive in town due to the LSD system now fitted (well, too heavy for the better half and on principal, its not the vehicle i purchased anymore). This is where the talks have broken down with supplier as he has gone from "if you can`t live with it , i will replace the car with something else" to offering me 4 grand less (subject to viewing) as a trade in on something else he has in stock!! Excellent service....not, even have the e-mails dated 4 weeks after purchase with him agreeing that he would change the car!! Never mind, thats in the hand of solicitors however the cheapest and most practical way to resolve this is for me to sell my car privately. I expect that some of the enthusiasts on here would probably buy the kind of system that is fitted to the car but when i purchased , i wanted a lightly modified Skyline that i could choose to upgrade if i wanted.
The car was imported with 9,500 miles on the clock, then the clocks were changed for the 320 mph yes mph clocks that are now installed (nissmo numbers). Other than trying to trace original owners abroad i can only go on the documentation however inspections underneath the car would suggest that this has either been very very ingeniously cleaned up to look like the mileage or it is indeed been a very well looked after sunday toy!!
Its also worth remembering that the car came into the country standard and i am led to beleive that the mods were indeed carried out by importer / garage supplier, so i tend to trust the docs.
Anyway, enough waffling, anyone want to buy it!!!???!!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Then indeed...

the price does sound about right.

Sorry to hear about your problems from said supplier, all I can say is been there and got the T-shirt and hope you get it all sorted.

Luke

·
Registered
905 Posts
Jason, dont listen to Dave Wilkins, he was touched by the hand of Jammyness when he landed that deal......and we all know it dave!!!

Si;)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nutters

Obviously being new to Skyline ownership and this site it has taken quite a while to read most of the posts in the forum I have come to the conclusion that you are all insane but more importantly the banter seems fantastic!!
Are most of the meets in England or are there more events up towards the scottish end of the country as i wouldn`t mind catching up with a few people in here before or after the car goes
(never know, i might just be persuaded into another one!!)
jas

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
just got my hands on a white R33 c/w 19" boots.

fyi - I was going to buy a distinct gunmetal met 530 bhp R32 which you've seen going about town with a white chipped bonnet.

1It was built from a 1992 2.0 gts - asking price 17k if that helps??

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can`t say i have ever seen that one.
Seems to be quite a lot of people from aberdeen posting in here, we will have to arrange a meet up and thrash about sometime well......hopefully sometime before i sell!!!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
thought you might have come across the J plate as it was a 4dr - he reckoned it was more rare so that's why the wanted big $$ for it - just getting to grips with the power of my recently purchased white one - had a couple of 911's - better built quality but nowhere near the power and fun!!!

what you going to get next?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
????

Well, first thing is to buy the missus her own run around. Something to stop the winging then to be honest, i really dont know.
If i could have sold last week i would have bought the pajero evolution that was for sale on here. Maybe go for a range rover or something and then decide next spring to purchase another Skyline. Also might be moving to Oz after xmas/new year so that could dictate to any future purchases.
Could also be the victim of Shells cost cutting next year ie redundant so again, cash and location to decide.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts