GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sold my stage 4 to a dealer few weeks ago.

Been looking for over a month for a replacement and getting no joy!

Now thinking of buying a my11 using it whole of summer and then joining the car hunt again in oct/nov time.

Do I just have ANT in my PANTS did did those of you who sold your GTRs feel this way in the past.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
or treat yourself to a my14?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much is the My14?

i got something from west way about a grand launch. any other local dealers doing a launch on the 14?

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even at £74k its really good value. Let me read C17s thoughts.

I was initally thinking a my11 or 12. Stage2 with warranty. That way by end of the year i should loose more that a couple grand.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the question would be is the my14 worth 20-25k more than a low milage my11 with extended warranty (stage1or2).

Im not seeing it. But i said the same about the my11. Only once the car came out and i really understood the differences i saw why people would pay a premium.

Any1 selling their my11 cheap!?!?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sold mine too earlier this year to a mate who wanted it i was gutted hence im still on the forum but ive brought a Yamaha R1 for the summer tho for some fun !
i do miss it but it nice to have a break for a while no doubt ill be back in one soon tho...

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
So the question would be is the my14 worth 20-25k more than a low milage my11 with extended warranty (stage1or2).

Im not seeing it. But i said the same about the my11. Only once the car came out and i really understood the differences i saw why people would pay a premium.

Any1 selling their my11 cheap!?!?
NOPE !!!!!

Mine could be for sale at the right price and I'll even throw in some track wheels and tyres LOL:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Even at £74k its really good value. Let me read CT17s thoughts.

I was initally thinking a my11 or 12. Stage2 with warranty. That way by end of the year i should loose more that a couple grand.
You called? :chuckle:

It's near as £78k plus extras.
Metallic paint is now a bit more, fancy metallic paint (silver or red) is £1,750 and the fancy (and slightly dodgy looking IMO) interior is £3,500.

I've gone for the fancy red colour so near as £80k less any discount you can wrangle out of them.
(which I obviously can't share)

If you want to see my thoughts I should get mine next Friday.
You can always pop by if you want.

I don't have blinkers on, clearly an MY11/12 will be around 20-£25k cheaper and better value. Particularly if you want to modify.
But then it is used with milage on it. So to be expected.

I've gone for the MY14 because they have finally brought out a colour I don't feel the need to wrap and the refinement improvements/suspension will save me money that I'd have to spend on an MY11/12. Plus I do like the little styling changes.

Yes, there is still a price difference probably of around £15-20k after fitting the litchfield suspension to an MY11/12, but it is two/three years newer.
And that £15k-20k for potentially two years use of a GT-R sounds fine to me.
I'll be quite happy if it's worth £45-£50k after three years as that's an overall depreciation of a little under £10k per year.
For a car of the GT-R's abilities I don't have an issue with that.

As I said, if you are seriously considering it you are welcome to pop by when I've got it.

If they had not focused on refinement and were still fixated on very minor performance improvements I'd have probably got a very low milage MY13 and saved £10-12k.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
What do you guys reckon a MY13 63 plate (Sept) approx 5k miles is worth? Thinking of swapping mine for one. Mine's a MY11 on a 12 plate (May 12) with 26k miles, fnsh etc. Any idea of the swap price? Thanks..

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Probably 15k but I do t thnk there enough change my11 to my13. My14 still not but Richards reasons are credible.

I think the cba to dba jump is a lot bigger than the 11 to 14 one. Same logic came up when my11 came out and this jump is harder to justify. It's more about age mileage and warranty versus fitting litchfield suspension to my11. Litchfield warranty also takes away sone of new car's advantage.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've gone for the MY14 because they have finally brought out a colour I don't feel the need to wrap and the refinement improvements/suspension will save me money that I'd have to spend on an MY11/12. Plus I do like the little styling changes.
Richard,

Do you not think you'll wrap your new (stonechip free) car with a clear wrap to prevent stone chips from day 1? After all, the paint is likely to be as soft as before. Just curious.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Get out in them then boys!! Relight the 35 fire :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
What do you guys reckon a MY13 63 plate (Sept) approx 5k miles is worth? Thinking of swapping mine for one. Mine's a MY11 on a 12 plate (May 12) with 26k miles, fnsh etc. Any idea of the swap price? Thanks..
I'd estimate yours is worth about £52-52k and the 63 plate £65k.
You'll lose a bit trading up so would figure a £15k cost to change unless you can sell yours privately for a decent price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts